2016 CX-5, which color?

sand cloth or parchment leather is only offered on black, red, dark blue, white, titanium
I wish you could get it on silver, it would match nicely
Agreed. If gray interior is available like everybody else that would be even better! In fact, we almost gave up the CX-5 because black interior is the only color offered for Sonic Silver!

Red exterior with sand/gray seats are my choice. ed
Sorry, no gray interior for Mazda!

When new, the light colored leather interiors look great. After a few years, though, light shows age whereas black still looks good.

We were heavily leaning toward the parchment interior, but from what I read, it's more of a risk to keep it looking nice over a few years. Just might scare us into getting the black leather interior!

I went ahead with the parchment in our titanium because my 2000 SE Miata has parchment leather that is a light tan and even after 15 years it still looks good. I use leather wipes on it every once in a while and any dirt and grim comes right off. ( I do take very good care of that car though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead with the parchment in our titanium because my 2000 SE Miata has parchment leather that is a light tan and even after 15 years it still looks good. I use leather wipes on it every once in a while and any dirt and grim comes right off. ( I do take very good care of that car though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 years of Miata ownership is cool. Photos if you please.
A few days ago the local Mazda dealer let me test drive a 2015 Miata and it was fun. The guy says "take her for a spin" . I did not hesitate until I got inside and noticed it was a stick shift. I had not driven a manual transmission car for about 15 years but I did not mention that to the dealer and figured it would be like "riding a bicycle", which it was. So, driving the stick was no problem until I realized the gas gauge was on empty. I pulled into the nearest gas station, put in $20, and kept the car for about 40 minutes.This one had nearly 200 miles on the odometer, so it either is driven on many test drives or the dealer staff is driving her some. If my son was away at college I might buy a Miata. But he is 14 and will be entering high school next year, so I will likely end up buying a CX-5 to match the one my wife bought a few weeks ago. If and when we ever buy a Miata it will probably be an automatic transmission model, because my wife does not drive a stick and has no interest in learning how to do so. Anyway, I had a fun 40 minutes driving a 2015 Miata, a day to remember.

15 years of Miata ownership is cool. Photos if you please.
A few days ago the local Mazda dealer let me test drive a 2015 Miata and it was fun. The guy says "take her for a spin" . I did not hesitate until I got inside and noticed it was a stick shift. I had not driven a manual transmission car for about 15 years but I did not mention that to the dealer and figured it would be like "riding a bicycle", which it was. So, driving the stick was no problem until I realized the gas gauge was on empty. I pulled into the nearest gas station, put in $20, and kept the car for about 40 minutes.This one had nearly 200 miles on the odometer, so it either is driven on many test drives or the dealer staff is driving her some. If my son was away at college I might buy a Miata. But he is 14 and will be entering high school next year, so I will likely end up buying a CX-5 to match the one my wife bought a few weeks ago. If and when we ever buy a Miata it will probably be an automatic transmission model, because my wife does not drive a stick and has no interest in learning how to do so. Anyway, I had a fun 40 minutes driving a 2015 Miata, a day to remember.
Very nice story and it also reflects my sentiment towards the fading-out stick shift. The "riding a bicycle" part was funny but in fact it is true that once you learned how to drive with a stick, you'll never forget! I'm luckier that we bought a VW V6 Passat with stick shift as my wife also knows how. But now we're facing a dilemma that whether we should fix the Passat with a broken water pump at 57K miles, which requires expensive timing belt replacement, or sell it as is for almost nothing?! I still prefer keeping a stick car in the family to have a chance teaching kids how to drive it, but in the mean time all other costs, repairs, insurance, taxes, etc., and too many cars around the house, as we just bought a new CX-5, make us think we should get rid of the Passat!

Very nice story and it also reflects my sentiment towards the fading-out stick shift. The "riding a bicycle" part was funny but in fact it is true that once you learned how to drive with a stick, you'll never forget! I'm luckier that we bought a VW V6 Passat with stick shift as my wife also knows how. But now we're facing a dilemma that whether we should fix the Passat with a broken water pump at 57K miles, which requires expensive timing belt replacement, or sell it as is for almost nothing?! I still prefer keeping a stick car in the family to have a chance teaching kids how to drive it, but in the mean time all other costs, repairs, insurance, taxes, etc., and too many cars around the house, as we just bought a new CX-5, make us think we should get rid of the Passat!

If it is affordable for you to do so, sell the VW and buy another CX-5. My wife and I both planned on getting new vehicles and she bought hers first. Originally I was going to buy an Accord V6 sedan, which is the type of car I am accustomed to driving. In particular, my target was an Accord V6. However, after some time behind the wheel of her CX-5 I want one too. Compared to a sedan, I like the extra head room space of the CX-5, the higher seating position with its bigger view, the higher cargo bed with hatch style rear opening etc....

If it is affordable for you to do so, sell the VW and buy another CX-5. My wife and I both planned on getting new vehicles and she bought hers first. Originally I was going to buy an Accord V6 sedan, which is the type of car I am accustomed to driving. In particular, my target was an Accord V6. However, after some time behind the wheel of her CX-5 I want one too. Compared to a sedan, I like the extra head room space of the CX-5, the higher seating position with its bigger view, the higher cargo bed with hatch style rear opening etc....

That's what I did. My wife and I both have CX-5's now. I was also looking at a another Honda (had a 2007 civic). She talked me into getting an AWD car for the snow which made me look at the CRV. I did not like the 2015 changes they made (CVT transmission and heard about issues with their AWD system and now vibrating issues) so I got a CX-5 as well. Very happy with my purchase. Got a much better deal with the Mazda dealer than what the Honda dealer was willing to do.

That's what I did. My wife and I both have CX-5's now. I was also looking at a another Honda (had a 2007 civic). She talked me into getting an AWD car for the snow which made me look at the CRV. I did not like the 2015 changes they made (CVT transmission and heard about issues with their AWD system and now vibrating issues) so I got a CX-5 as well. Very happy with my purchase. Got a much better deal with the Mazda dealer than what the Honda dealer was willing to do.

What colors are your two CX-5's ? Exterior and interior.

No, I don't need another CX-5. Our problem is we have too many cars (5 total) than we need. But I personally would like to keep at least one stick shift car in our house.

Soul red?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mazda III.jpg
    Mazda III.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3,851
  • Mazda.jpg
    Mazda.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 588
Meteor grey. Seriously. Not as hard to maintain as black. Seriously cool like black. Looks a blue in the right light. Matches rims.

I have another black cat or I'd have gotten black. Blue was nice but I can't deal with white interior.
Surprised I don't see more

What colors are your two CX-5's ? Exterior and interior.

She has a liquid silver touring model with black cloth interior. Her last car was a Honda Accord with Leather and she did not want leather again. I got a White Grand Touring model with the tan leather interior. My last car was a Honda Civic that had cloth interior so I wanted to change to leather.

Last edited:
I should says wife has a Mazda in the blue. So that want an option. Great color though. I liked the darker blue but couldn't find it with black interior.

Latest posts

Back