What have you done to your CX-5 today?

[video]https://goo.gl/photos/Ai5cPRmMQ1ABY4ew9[/video]
Fitted Power Folding Mirrors..OEM from Japan

Can you make a how to on this? Do you happen to know if it will work on US versions?

t[video]https://goo.gl/photos/Ai5cPRmMQ1ABY4ew9[/video]
Fitted Power Folding Mirrors..OEM from Japan
Can you make a how to on this? Do you happen to know if it will work on US versions?
It'll work but the housing angle for both outside rearview mirrors will be different as Japan and Australia are right-hand-drive. And the magnified mirror is on the left side, driver side for the US, unless you can somehow swap the mirrors.

a035afc484d9730b2528f2a6b57eb76f.jpg
Added JDM headrests. Before and after. Purchased from Japanparts.com
Question:
Why can't the small center headrest be used as the L & R rear seat replacements - instead of the "JDM" headrests? Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears if (2) additional center headrests were ordered they might fit into the same slots as the original "large" headrests... No??
The center headrest, has narrower tracks.
Also they're different in size and shape like the picture shown. JDM rear side headrest is larger for better head protection.

Also, does the red stitching match the red stitching in other parts of the 2016 seats (since the 2016 JDM headrests are supposed to have black stitch)?
No, all US version black headrests have black stitching for 2016 and 2016.5 MY, the same on JDM headrests. But the seats themselves still use red stitching. richness ordered 2015 and prior JDM red-stitching headrests on purpose for his 2016 CX-5. Notice the black stitching center headrest in his picture. Here are part numbers for correct JDM rear seat headrests for US CX-5:

2013~2015:
KD49-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 34 - Sand GT Leather with Sand Stitching

2016~?:
K070-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Black Stitching
K072-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Black Stitching
K073-88-240 39 - Parchment GT Leather with Parchment Stitching

No, all US version black headrests have black stitching for 2016 and 2016.5 MY, the same on JDM headrests. But the seats themselves still use red stitching. richness ordered 2015 and prior JDM red-stitching headrests on purpose for his 2016 CX-5. Notice the black stitching center headrest in his picture. Here are part numbers for correct JDM rear seat headrests for US CX-5:

No, what I meant was... Does the actual red thread used in the 2013-15 JDM headrests match the red stitching in the seats in the 2016? Or are they two different reds?

No, what I meant was... Does the actual red thread used in the 2013-15 JDM headrests match the red stitching in the seats in the 2016? Or are they two different reds?
They're the same red stitching. But why you want two JDM rear outboard black "leather" headrests with red stitching while your two front black headrests and one rear center headrest are having black stitching for 2016 CX-5? (uhm)

It'll work but the housing angle for both outside rearview mirrors will be different as Japan and Australia are right-hand-drive. And the magnified mirror is on the left side, driver side for the US, unless you can somehow swap the mirrors.

Is it the actual housing that's different, or the base pedestal on the door?

I did a mirror swap on my Integra years ago, when converting from the 94-97 to the 98+ model year refreshed exterior parts (front and rear bumpers, headlights, side mirrors). I ordered some used mirrors off eBay and they turned out to be RHD Integra Type R power mirrors, not power folding unfortunately. Luckily I was able to transfer the mirror housings, but use the original mirror bases from my car, and swap out the glass, which made them sit at the correct angle for LHD.

Picked up the RacingBeat Sport Exhaust Muffler locally at the RacingBeat facility last week Friday. Mike is very friend and extremely knowledgeable about Mazdas. Great guy!

Installed it yesterday evening. My CX-5 sounds so much better than the factory putt-putt muffler. Glad I finally did it!!

Let us know your feedback on them after you've installed and tested them. Thanks

They are quiet. There was pretty much no squealing right out the box. These seem to be thicker than OEM pads as well because the wear bar is too long for the outer pad with these. Also the dick is painted black on every surface that is not for braking; rust resistant and it looks better overall. I'll replace my rear soon. $158 shipped for a thicker pad, and a coated rotor. They got the rear for $99 shipped, I'll be getting it soon. https://thmotorsports.com/stoptech/stoptech-axle-pack-preferred/90945503/i-2403898.aspx

tGy8cuZ.jpg

Last edited:
Not today, but last weekend. Brought the car in for 15k mile service. I also asked them to check the transmission because I was having intermittent issues, where going from Reverse to Drive introduced some sort of delay even when the gas pedal is pressed. I could not reproduce the issue every time I try to, but apparently the dealership was able to. They said their tech traced it to an internal transmission problem and they are going to replace the transmission. Hoping to get back the car on Saturday.

Not today, but last weekend. Brought the car in for 15k mile service. I also asked them to check the transmission because I was having intermittent issues, where going from Reverse to Drive introduced some sort of delay even when the gas pedal is pressed. I could not reproduce the issue every time I try to, but apparently the dealership was able to. They said their tech traced it to an internal transmission problem and they are going to replace the transmission. Hoping to get back the car on Saturday.

What exactly is all needed at the 15,000mi service interval? I'm quickly approaching that number but don't see in the owners manual really anything that needs to be done other then oil change (i'm on flex schedule and don't need it yet) and tire rotation (I swap to winter tires so rotate my own).

What exactly is all needed at the 15,000mi service interval? I'm quickly approaching that number but don't see in the owners manual really anything that needs to be done other then oil change (i'm on flex schedule and don't need it yet) and tire rotation (I swap to winter tires so rotate my own).

I didn't check the owner's manual but I'm fairly certain the only service needed is an oil change and tire rotation. The big maintenance work is usually done at the 30k miles interval. At least, this is how it was with the older Mazdas I've had. I'll have to double check the owner's manual when I get home later. Believe or not, the dealership I brought my car to for service had a "SkyActiv Preferred Maintenance" package for 15k miles service. It included service work like changing air cabin and air intake filters, ethanol fuel system defender, fuel induction service plus a bunch of other stuff that raises the total cost to $500+ LOL. I politely declined and asked them to only do the oil change and tire rotation.

Another 2016 transmission bites the dust...

Yet another 2016 transmission bites the dust? :( This is the second one for the week! Would you mind to give us the manufacture date (on the driver's side door jamb) of your CX-5?

Hey. I have a 2016 Cx-5 that has the same problem. The whining noise is audible around 20 mph to 60 mph. At first, I thought the car got louder due to the aftermarket window deflectors. I took the deflectors off, it still persisted. Then I thought it was the road noise because of the tires getting wore out. I took it to the dealer and they said the same thing. However, I tried to listen to it very carefully and realized that it was not the road noise because the noise is not associated with RPM or road surface. It occurred solely according to the speed of the vehicle. I took it back to the dealer. At first, they denied it. However, I insisted that one of the service adviser heard the noise last time so they had to have somebody else test drove it again. In the end, they admitted that they heard it and would like to look further into the problem. They found the noise coming from the transmission a few days later and ordered a brand new transmission for me. The new transmission was installed and the car is now quite again.
I hope this could help you guys who have the same problem.

I finally replaced the podunk rear-view mirror with the auto-dimming mirror. Not a big thing, but it's been bugging me from day one. Had the dealership install it for me. Looks a heck of a lot better. I'm happy (wiggle)

Removed my oil pan and added a turbo return while doing the first oil change on the new motor.

Back