Bugs!!!!!

boandlkramer

US Specs in Europe
:
'17 CX-5 GT AWD; '18 BMW X3
So my wife has bugs forever calcified on the front of her CX-5.

I'm going to pay someone to fix that. But what do you all recommend to prevent this?

Is there some kind of silicone spray or something that makes it easy to wipe off dried bug entrails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a bug removal product (a type of wax) that works great.

My wife uses her hand held shark steamer loosens them up and wipes them away

I'll have to look into that.

I was hoping for some hind of silicone wax that would have properties like a frying pan, where the bugs just wipe off.

I'll have to look into that.

I was hoping for some hind of silicone wax that would have properties like a frying pan, where the bugs just wipe off.

I've been using Zaino Z-2 and Z-5 for over fifteen years, and since, have never had to use a bug & tar remover to remove bugs from my front end - bug debris just washes right off......as long as you don't let it set and get baked in the sun for too long. Leaves such a slick finish that nothing sticks permanently.

To remove bugs, Stoner's Tarminator works great -

http://www.autogeek.net/tarminator.html

Also, WD-40 also works great to remove bugs & tar.

I've been using Zaino Z-2 and Z-5 for over fifteen years, and since, have never had to use a bug & tar remover to remove bugs from my front end - bug debris just washes right off......as long as you don't let it set and get baked in the sun for too long. Leaves such a slick finish that nothing sticks permanently.

To remove bugs, Stoner's Tarminator works great -

http://www.autogeek.net/tarminator.html

Also, WD-40 also works great to remove bugs & tar.

WD-40 has a lot of petroleum based solvents. I'd be nervous and test on a small area, first.

I just collect a couple of slugs from the garden and hold them up to the juiciest looking bug. Once they smell it they stick right on and by morning the whole bumper is clean as a whistle except for a few slime trails that wash right off with minimal effort.

Seriously?^^*

This worked exceptionally well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444653676.259210.jpg

Just another reason to have a layer of wax for protection.

Well for bird crap I don't wait for it to eat my paint so I spray it with white vinegar and whip with rag. I use white vinegar to remove everything including paint and including bug guts.

I'm Confused...

"CX-5Um" posted in part...

I use white vinegar to remove everything including paint...

I'm confused. (confused) (Of course, if you ask my wife she'll tell you it doesn't take much.)

Inquiring minds want to know. If white vinegar removes paint, why would one want to use it on their "painted" car?

That's like saying... I have a stray cat that comes to my back door all the time. I've decided to feed it so that it'll go away.

CX5T Lover

"CX-5Um" posted in part...

I'm confused. (confused) (Of course, if you ask my wife she'll tell you it doesn't take much.)

Inquiring minds want to know. If white vinegar removes paint, why would one want to use it on their "painted" car?

That's like saying... I have a stray cat that comes to my back door all the time. I've decided to feed it so that it'll go away.

CX5T Lover

My mistake I meant "paint wax". This is useful for prepping as to remover everything on the paint prior to clay barring or waxing your paint. That said I'm still trying to figure out how to use white vinegar to get rid of my bills.

Ha ha I read this thread title and thought you had bugs in the car.

True story, my wife and I went to Kauai to get married. We arrive and rent a little SUV and start to drive to our hotel. My wife starts screaming her head off and pointing, there's a 2-3" cockroach on the floor of the car. I pull over, we get rid of it and keep going. We get to the hotel, my wife is getting some drinks as I'm sitting quietly in the car, and all of a sudden hundreds of mega roaches start crawling out from under seats, trim, everywhere. My wife refuses to get back into the car. So as she walks back to our room, I drive it back to the airport (fast). When I turn it in the lady behind the counter tells me " I'm surprised you didn't just leave it where it was and call us to come get it, that's what most people do...". Needless to say, I'm never...ever renting from Hertz in Hawaii again.

Ha ha I read this thread title and thought you had bugs in the car.

True story, my wife and I went to Kauai to get married. We arrive and rent a little SUV and start to drive to our hotel. My wife starts screaming her head off and pointing, there's a 2-3" cockroach on the floor of the car. I pull over, we get rid of it and keep going. We get to the hotel, my wife is getting some drinks as I'm sitting quietly in the car, and all of a sudden hundreds of mega roaches start crawling out from under seats, trim, everywhere. My wife refuses to get back into the car. So as she walks back to our room, I drive it back to the airport (fast). When I turn it in the lady behind the counter tells me " I'm surprised you didn't just leave it where it was and call us to come get it, that's what most people do...". Needless to say, I'm never...ever renting from Hertz in Hawaii again.

Good story!

Did you stay in Poipu (my personal favorite)?

We were at Banyan Harbor, near to Nawiliwili Park. Great island all around, I haven't found a place I don't like there.

Back