All Weather Mats...Which?

Yup, definitely a very poor fit in the rear. At least 2" of play over the hump, probably more, and doesn't fit well between the seat rails and around the seatbelt mount.

I'm going to write an email to the guy to let him know and see if he has a suggestion. Maybe he's not aware.

The front is OK. I don't like how it fits around the accelerator pedal though. One of the edges curls over on that corner. I'm sure a wet/slushy boot is going to get salt under the mat.

Yup, definitely a very poor fit in the rear. At least 2" of play over the hump, probably more, and doesn't fit well between the seat rails and around the seatbelt mount.

I'm going to write an email to the guy to let him know and see if he has a suggestion. Maybe he's not aware.

The front is OK. I don't like how it fits around the accelerator pedal though. One of the edges curls over on that corner. I'm sure a wet/slushy boot is going to get salt under the mat.

Thanks for the feedback - I guess I will be returning them and buying a set of the Maxpider ones instead.

Here's a video demonstrating the fit in the rear, for those curious.

What a great and informative video - you should email that to the person at Findway for feedback - maybe they can improve their manufacturing of the mats.

Well I just received my 3D maxpider Kuga liners today and once again I am disappointed. It appears that I either got mats that were miss cut or they changed the design of the drivers side liner. I went with the 3D's over the weathertech because of the extra "lip" near the gas pedal. figured it capture a bit more winter gunk and what not but the liner I received did not have the lip like all the pictures show and what other members picture show. I'm in contact with U-ACE as we speak trying to figure it out. If it is a design change, I don't know if I should keep the weathertechs or the 3D's. The 3D fits better all around the edges but as zero lip at the gas pedal, it also covers the whole dead pedal. The Weathertechs fit much poorer then expected, only cover half the dead pedal but so have a small lip at the gas pedal area.

Here's some pics of the 3D mat missing the lip:
attachment.php

So the 3D floor mats did indeed change the design of their mats and all mats now have that raised area in front of the gas pedal removed. I thought I should pass that info on for anyone thinking of ordering these mats. They are not like the pictures online or what others have posted up in the past. I'm really bummed about it.

However I did contact Aries automotive, which makes similar mats, I guess they aren't actually the same company, and their tech support said that there mats still have the lip at the gas pedal area, so I'm ordering a set of those and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and that the lip is indeed still there. The quest for the perfect floor mat trudges on!

However I did contact Aries automotive, which makes similar mats, I guess they aren't actually the same company, and their tech support said that there mats still have the lip at the gas pedal area, so I'm ordering a set of those and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and that the lip is indeed still there. The quest for the perfect floor mat trudges on!

Do the Aries version cover the fuel tank release door?

Any pics?

Where did you order them from?

Do the Aries version cover the fuel tank release door?

Any pics?

Where did you order them from?

Hey Littlebear, I don't have an answer for your question, yet. I order the Aries mats off amazon. I had to search for Aries specifically because a general search for CX-5 floor liners didn't return the Aries option on the first 1-2 pages and I hate looking thru a ton of pages to find what I want. The Aries mats are out on the truck for delivery per fedex tracking so sometime today I will either be happy or disappointed again. The set I ordered was actually cheaper then the 3D mats by a little bit. The seller is hubcaps plus on amazon. It stated that there were only 5 left in stock so I'm hoping that the ones I ordered are from an older batch of the mats that still have the lip by the gas pedal if indeed the aries mats changed as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I think it's less then a 50/50 chance on these. Which is a shame cause with that lip by the gas pedal the mats would be perfect in every way.

Hey Littlebear, I don't have an answer for your question, yet. I order the Aries mats off amazon. I had to search for Aries specifically because a general search for CX-5 floor liners didn't return the Aries option on the first 1-2 pages and I hate looking thru a ton of pages to find what I want. The Aries mats are out on the truck for delivery per fedex tracking so sometime today I will either be happy or disappointed again. The set I ordered was actually cheaper then the 3D mats by a little bit. The seller is hubcaps plus on amazon. It stated that there were only 5 left in stock so I'm hoping that the ones I ordered are from an older batch of the mats that still have the lip by the gas pedal if indeed the aries mats changed as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I think it's less then a 50/50 chance on these. Which is a shame cause with that lip by the gas pedal the mats would be perfect in every way.

I just ordered a set of Aries mats. Hopefully they fit and work well. It showed 2014 CX5 but I guess they are the same for a 2016.

I actually have a set of the Aries mats sitting in the basement right now. They are exactly the same as the 3D ones I had previously ordered. The lip by the gas pedal has been removed on the Aries as well. I suspect they are produced by the same factory over seas. The one plus the Aries mat has going for it is it states a lifetime warranty for the mats. I called their tech support to ask about the design change and am waiting to hear back from them. They have kind of crapoy customer service. The guy said he needed to call the warehouse and check with them on something, took my number, said he'd call me back later, never did. I've also sent several emails to them with now response.

2nd this. Just received mine from AutoAnything.com. No lip at the gas pedal. Really mad since I called and asked about this repeatedly and was assured. Has to return the liners. Total waste of time.

I actually have a set of the Aries mats sitting in the basement right now. They are exactly the same as the 3D ones I had previously ordered. The lip by the gas pedal has been removed on the Aries as well. I suspect they are produced by the same factory over seas. The one plus the Aries mat has going for it is it states a lifetime warranty for the mats. I called their tech support to ask about the design change and am waiting to hear back from them. They have kind of crapoy customer service. The guy said he needed to call the warehouse and check with them on something, took my number, said he'd call me back later, never did. I've also sent several emails to them with now response.

Well I finally got a response from Aries Tech support. After they called the warehouse and talked to several people in the company the tech guy told me that the design has indeed changed and the lip near the gas pedal has been removed. Looks like I'm back to keeping the weathertechs. I've actually come up with a solution for the dead pedal. I found some stair tread that I'm going to cut to shape and use Velcro to attach the top to the cars carpet and then attach the bottom to the weathertech mat with Velcro as well. Should work well I believe. I just hope that after they sit in the car for a while they relax a bit and fall into shape a bit better then they do right now.

Well I finally got a response from Aries Tech support. After they called the warehouse and talked to several people in the company the tech guy told me that the design has indeed changed and the lip near the gas pedal has been removed. Looks like I'm back to keeping the weathertechs. I've actually come up with a solution for the dead pedal. I found some stair tread that I'm going to cut to shape and use Velcro to attach the top to the cars carpet and then attach the bottom to the weathertech mat with Velcro as well. Should work well I believe. I just hope that after they sit in the car for a while they relax a bit and fall into shape a bit better then they do right now.

I got the Aries 3D mats in today. They fit perfectly and the lip issue on the gas pedal is really not a factor in my opinion. The mats fit tightly and I don't see an issue. They are great quality mats.

I got the Aries 3D mats in today. They fit perfectly and the lip issue on the gas pedal is really not a factor in my opinion. The mats fit tightly and I don't see an issue. They are great quality mats.

Glad you're happy with them. The problem probably isn't as big a deal for you in the southwest (no snow) as it is in Wisconsin for me. With winter just around the corner I was concerned that the lack of lip would allow all the slush snow and water that collects on the mat to just run into the area by the gas pedal. The weathertech's have an area towards the back that is suppose to collect most of that and at least a small lip near the gas pedal. It would have been nice if Aries and 3D updated their pictures to show the change.

Most of the time my car is used as a daily driver, with little to no soiling, but I do intend on using it on ski-trips and hiking trips. For the latter, I am considering all-weather mats.
I read about Husky and and WeatherTech but was wondering about the OEM mats from Mazda. Which would you get? Are the OEM good enough/cheaper than the alternative?

I was able to get the all weather mats for free. TBH, they are nothing special. They are definitely an upgrade to protect from mud/water.. Just really depends if that is worth $100 to you.

Just received the Maxpider winter mats from PartsEngine (Canada) for the 2016 CX-5 GT.

Can confirm that they fit perfectly, even the one piece rear mat is a good fit.

I had to return the Findway mats as they just did not fit, which was a real shame. The material used was good and great customer service with a speedy refund.

Just received the Maxpider winter mats from PartsEngine (Canada) for the 2016 CX-5 GT.

Can confirm that they fit perfectly, even the one piece rear mat is a good fit.

I had to return the Findway mats as they just did not fit, which was a real shame. The material used was good and great customer service with a speedy refund.
Do yours gave the lip near the gas pedal or no? Just wondering if Canadian mats are different?

I don't see 'a lip'.

I will assume that once snow/ice will melt of my shoe/boot during driving, it will slide down the gas pedal and under the mat landing on the factory carpet.

Only way around that I guess is to place or wedge a cloth of some sort under the mat so the salt run-off does not touch the carpet!

The Findway mats also had the same type of issue for the driver side.

To this day I cannot find a winter mat that is 100% perfect for the CX-5!

Last edited:

Was it Eugene, the owner, that fielded your return? Curious if he mentioned anything about rectifying the fitment of the rear mats/liners?

The fitment of our Mazda5 Findway mats have been good, granted we're in FL and won't ever see slush and snow...just rain, so it probably won't be put to the test as all of you in Canada and other snow regions.

Latest posts

Back