All Weather Mats...Which?

Was it Eugene, the owner, that fielded your return? Curious if he mentioned anything about rectifying the fitment of the rear mats/liners?

The fitment of our Mazda5 Findway mats have been good, granted we're in FL and won't ever see slush and snow...just rain, so it probably won't be put to the test as all of you in Canada and other snow regions.

Yes it was Eugene that dealt with the return and refund. I had mentioned to him the problem with the fit and even directed him to the video on this blog about the mats.

He did not mention anything about rectifying the fitment.

Hmm Gallop ones look nice. I ended up keeping my Findway ones though ya, the middle part in the back still kind of bothers me.

I'm trying to decide between 3D Maxpider, Weathertech, or the OEM all weather mats. Which ones are the easiest to clean? I think that's what will be my deciding factor. My drivers mat always gets the most dirty and I think I'd like to have one that I can just take out and hose off or pressure wash.

I'm trying to decide between 3D Maxpider, Weathertech, or the OEM all weather mats. Which ones are the easiest to clean? I think that's what will be my deciding factor. My drivers mat always gets the most dirty and I think I'd like to have one that I can just take out and hose off or pressure wash.

You can hose off any of those three you mentioned.

I had (well I still own them) the OEM mats which are ok. They don't cover as much area as the 3D's or Weathertechs though. I switched to 3D's last winter and really like them.

To this day I cannot find a winter mat that is 100% perfect for the CX-5!
There is one which seems a perfect all weather liner for CX-5. These Mazda OEM "Premium" Floor Liners are only available in Canada. You're in Canada and you can get these.

on the mazda canada website, http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/buildPrice.action , build your own, it lists 3 types

FLOOR LINERS $210.00
FLOOR MATS - ALL WEATHER MATS - $150.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 1ST ROW - $175.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 2ND ROW - $129.00

we had all weather types in other vehicles, but still got some carpet damage, so decided to go big this time LOL

attachment.php
-----
attachment.php

driver side - pedal view-----driver floor view

attachment.php

front passenger

attachment.php
------
attachment.php

rear passenger--------rear passenger - full across (one piece)

the colour matches the vehicle interior (blk leather) although the pics don't really show it on the front ones due to the phone flash

they're installed, stock carpet mats pulled -you can see the grommet type things on the front pics
depth is 2" for the front ones, 3" for the rear piece

like i said in orig post - a little pricey compared to some but we threw them in as part of overall pillaging negotiations :)
btw - we considered both the husky liners and the spider ones too
and prices really suck here for most accessories, especially if you get them from US firm and pay the exchange on top

sorry - no part no.

You can take out the OEM mats in the front, but it's hard. The guys at the car wash broke the clips on mine and I had to pry the clip lose from the floor. Replaced them with the Weathertech mats, because I like the depth and at least partial cover for the dead pedal. But I haven't tried taking those out yet.

Howdy All,

We just got back from a 3350 mile Road Trip, and have to say, I was very, very pleased with the 3D Maxpiders. At First
I'd thought they had a strange feel to them, they were thinner that I'd thought they'd be, but they're supple and have
a good texture to them. We were in all kinds of weather and terrains, and have to say they look brand new, and just
really took a little brushing to get the sand and some of the mud off of them. I'm very pleased with them and they
really fit perfectly. Just my 2 cents !!!!

Okay, so going into this thread I was debating whether to go Husky or WeatherTech. But now after reading the whole thread I'm even more confused! I didn't even know about MaxSpider or Findways and it doesn't seem like any one is 100% sold on any of the styles. At the moment I'm leaning towards Husky Liners, with that said, is there any negative other than the gas lever being covered up? I'm not a fan of "carpet liners" would prefer plastic liners and WeatherTech doesn't sound like they fit very well, especially for the price of them. and the MaxSpiders dont have the lip be the gas pedal anymore. What ya think?

Side note:Do both the WeatherTech and OEM cargo mats go inside the cubby hole? or just the OEM? I know I dont want the husky cargo liner becasue it for sure doesnt go inside

Last edited:
Okay, so going into this thread I was debating whether to go Husky or WeatherTech. But now after reading the whole thread I'm even more confused! I didn't even know about MaxSpider or Findways and it doesn't seem like any one is 100% sold on any of the styles. At the moment I'm leaning towards Husky Liners, with that said, is there any negative other than the gas lever being covered up? I'm not a fan of "carpet liners" would prefer plastic liners and WeatherTech doesn't sound like they fit very well, especially for the price of them. and the MaxSpiders dont have the lip be the gas pedal anymore. What ya think?

I think that's a lot of thinking for floor mats. I have the OEM all weather mats and they work good for skiing, muddy hikes etc. Like any mat, they need to be removed and vacuum/clean periodically.

Side note:Do both the WeatherTech and OEM cargo mats go inside the cubby hole? or just the OEM? I know I dont want the husky cargo liner becasue it for sure doesnt go inside

The WeatherTech cargo liner does NOT follow the contours of the two cargo area cubby holes (it's just flat). With the OEM cargo liner in place, any melted snow or leaking fluids have a safe place to go and the cubbies are deep enough that the fluid is contained until emptied. The lined cubbies are also the perfect fit for two SS beer growlers (drinks)

(and any other small/fragile cargo that you don't want rolling around in back).

Going with husky liners front and back and an OEM cargo liner. Picked up the cargo liner online for $60 shipped and autoanything has a sale right now for 20% off (that doesn't exclude husky liners like usual). So only $144 shipped for front and back.
be399a9cf3818771a95ae28511ed8590.jpg

Thought I would share the sale/promo code in case others are looking to buy.

Promo code: PBF20

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Okay, so slap me if this has been mentioned before (I tried to scan through all the posts but got cross-eyed). I need a good all-weather mat for the cargo area only. Does anyone know if there is any cargo mat that does NOT cover up the "pockets" on the sides of the cargo area - but actually recesses into the pockets? I thought I read awhile ago that there was one, but now I can't find it. (uhm)(uhm)

Help appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so slap me if this has been mentioned before (I tried to scan through all the posts but got cross-eyed). I need a good all-weather mat for the cargo area only. Does anyone know if there is any cargo mat that does NOT cover up the "pockets" on the sides of the cargo area - but actually recesses into the pockets? I thought I read awhile ago that there was one, but now I can't find it. (uhm)(uhm)
Help appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving!
Mazda OEM cargo tray.

Mazda OEM cargo tray.

Thanks! And I just found where I read it earlier . . . right above my post. (bang)

The WeatherTech cargo liner does NOT follow the contours of the two cargo area cubby holes (it's just flat). With the OEM cargo liner in place, any melted snow or leaking fluids have a safe place to go and the cubbies are deep enough that the fluid is contained until emptied. The lined cubbies are also the perfect fit for two SS beer growlers (drinks) (and any other small/fragile cargo that you don't want rolling around in back).

Sorry, it's been a long week . . . .

Last edited:
Anyone have the black "classic carpet" version of the 3D Maxpider? I'm trying to decide whether to get those or the kagu rubber version.

I have the carpet version. I didn't realize there were 2 styles last xmas when I asked for 3D Maxpiders as a gift. When I opened the box I was surprised. I've actually been wondering if the kagu would be better for winter...?

Back