What did you pay for your CX-5?

I have gone to TrueCar and for my area the sales price is barely below MSRP due to limited supply.

Try expanding your search area. - Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis and Knoxville. Unless you're looking for AWD - which *is* in very short supply in the Southeast.

**Hoping to close on my vehicle this afternoon**

Picked up my '16 GT AWD Red Soul/Black Int w/ Tech and iActiveSense on Saturday. It already had the roof rails, all weather mats, wheel locks and cargo cover installed (which were fine with me). MSRP at $34,385. They gave me (and installed) Remote Start which would have been around $700 if bought separately and installed after the purchase. Paid invoice, but with the RS it's essentially like paying $700 under to me. I was fine with this price as there were only 2 vehicles that matched these specs within a couple hundred miles. More importantly, they gave me about $1000 more for my trade than what it was really worth (using NADA and Black Book current pricing.) Overall, I equate it to a savings of $1700 under invoice. Finance manager ended up getting me 1.94% for 60 months, beating the lowest I could find of 2.24%. This was one of those times where the entire experience was so easy that I didn't feel the need to haggle further on the price. Did they make a few extra bucks? Yeah, but for once, they earned it. All done via email and a few quick phone calls.

Well...I went in for a test drive on Saturday and the sales staff got me. I'm not unhappy about it though. I know my deal isn't as stellar as some, but I signed a buyer's order for a 2016 FWD Touring with the Bose and Tech packages for $100 under invoice. I was also able to get 1.94% financing for 60 months, beating the lowest rate I could find online. They also gave me a loaner 2016 Touring to use until my vehicle is ready to be picked up, which is today. The dealer made the experience so effortless that I said, what the heck? They made a few more bucks on me, but I value good customer service. They totally earned it. I'm excited to see my new ride! (cabpatch)

Well...I went in for a test drive on Saturday and the sales staff got me. I'm not unhappy about it though. I know my deal isn't as stellar as some, but I signed a buyer's order for a 2016 FWD Touring with the Bose and Tech packages for $100 under invoice. I was also able to get 1.94% financing for 60 months, beating the lowest rate I could find online. They also gave me a loaner 2016 Touring to use until my vehicle is ready to be picked up, which is today. The dealer made the experience so effortless that I said, what the heck? They made a few more bucks on me, but I value good customer service. They totally earned it. I'm excited to see my new ride! (cabpatch)

so how much are you paying finally?

Just picked up mine:
2016, AWD, GT, CX-5 Soul Red with Tech and I sense. Roof Rack, cargo cover, Door Trim. MSRP was 34,255, I paid 31994. Not the best deal, but the vehicle I wanted (From another dealership that lost my business for good) "just this morning" was dealer traded - The ole' bait and switch, as far as I am concerned. They were yelling at me as I walked out their door. "You'll never find another AWD in the southeast." Went to my #2 dealer and had a deal two days later - they found the vehicle and trucked it down.

Best part - In and out of the second dealership in 30 minutes. No trade, brought my own financing, unfortunately I didn't qualify for any of Mazda incentives. Did everything over the phone/e-mail.

I did have to turn off the Lane radar on I-sense, it was driving me crazy!
So far... Nice vehicle.

Picked up my '16 GT AWD Red Soul/Black Int w/ Tech and iActiveSense on Saturday. It already had the roof rails, all weather mats, wheel locks and cargo cover installed (which were fine with me). MSRP at $34,385. They gave me (and installed) Remote Start which would have been around $700 if bought separately and installed after the purchase. Paid invoice, but with the RS it's essentially like paying $700 under to me. I was fine with this price as there were only 2 vehicles that matched these specs within a couple hundred miles. More importantly, they gave me about $1000 more for my trade than what it was really worth (using NADA and Black Book current pricing.) Overall, I equate it to a savings of $1700 under invoice. Finance manager ended up getting me 1.94% for 60 months, beating the lowest I could find of 2.24%. This was one of those times where the entire experience was so easy that I didn't feel the need to haggle further on the price. Did they make a few extra bucks? Yeah, but for once, they earned it. All done via email and a few quick phone calls.

Howdy Cinoclav
Congratulations!!!!!
Sounds like a good deal all around, I know sometimes
the money isn't the most important factor in things.
Be sure and Post some pics, I'm really jealous, but hopefully
June or July will be my turn !!!

Take Care,

CK

Howdy Della,

Congratulations to you as well, sounds like you've got a great new car
and pretty pleasant purchasing experience. Like I'd written on Cinoclav's
replay, sometimes a few dollars here and there isn't the most important factor
in getting what you want. I certainly agree on customer service, I sure hope
the Mazda Dealers in my Area show that kind of Customer Service, that sure
seems to be lacking in almost all service industries these days.

Post some pics when you get a chance Take Care,

CK

Just picked up mine:
2016, AWD, GT, CX-5 Soul Red with Tech and I sense. Roof Rack, cargo cover, Door Trim. MSRP was 34,255, I paid 31994. Not the best deal, but the vehicle I wanted (From another dealership that lost my business for good) "just this morning" was dealer traded - The ole' bait and switch, as far as I am concerned. They were yelling at me as I walked out their door. "You'll never find another AWD in the southeast." Went to my #2 dealer and had a deal two days later - they found the vehicle and trucked it down.

Best part - In and out of the second dealership in 30 minutes. No trade, brought my own financing, unfortunately I didn't qualify for any of Mazda incentives. Did everything over the phone/e-mail.

I did have to turn off the Lane radar on I-sense, it was driving me crazy!
So far... Nice vehicle.

Howdy Belangee,

WOW< Congratulations to you as well, I'm sure Jealous of all you new Owners!!!

I sure hope you go back to that dealer that did the old Bait and Switch and just kind of roll through
their drive really slow<G> in fact I think I'd do it more than once, but that's just me!!!!

I'll be interested to hear you thoughts along the way and especially about the I-Sense and AWD, that's going to be kind of
a rare bird in the Burleson Texas Area<G> but have had some good suggestions and help on this forum
so even if I have to special order one it'll be worth it.

Sounds like a really Special CX5 so takes some pics and post them when you can, Take Care,

CK

Just got a 2016 CX-5 GT, Blue Reflex, AWD w/ Technology Package and Wheel Locks today at Faulkner Mazda just outside of NE Philly.

$31,910 MSRP
$29,944 before TTL and $750 Mazda Capital Lease Incentive
Doc fee was $110.
Leased for 36 months @ $328 per month.

Dealer was very easy to work with. Negotiated price via email and just had to haggle the trade in person today. That wasn't even much of a hassle. Their original offer wasn't much less than I owed/was asking. We met in the middle and moved on to the paperwork.

I've been lurking here for about 3 weeks in anticipation of buying a 2016 CX-5, and I took delivery today. I feel like I got an insane deal.

2016 Titanium Flash Touring, FWD w/Bose, Moonroof and Tech. Also got all weather mats, front window tints, cargo tray and retractable cargo cover.

OTD was $27,160 with 0 down, 3 year financing.

Got $500 for Memorial Day and $500 for being a Chase customer. Ran 3 bids via email, and did 2 additional rounds of negotiating before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
That's a sweet deal from what I've seen between the 4 dealers Ive been working in WI. Your about a grand less than I'm at OTD with the exact same trim and I've been laying on the smooth. I guess not hard enough. I see some of the other contender makes are starting to run some 0%. Ik Mazda will at some point but how long does a guy wait.

picked mine up today
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
color Sonic Silver
Total MSRP of $ 31,380
selling price was $ 29,450.00. I added tax + 157.50 ( tire fee/insp/filing fee)
overall I think I got a good price, almost 2K off MSRP. All the others were at $ 1,000-$ 1300 off MSRP

From what I read it sounds like around $2k under MSRP is generally regarded as a good deal? (w/o financing or a trade)

The first quote I got was around $1750 under. (Touring, Bose and Tech for $29,348) It sound like there's some more room to negotiate?

Anyone know if the $500 additional discount from Mazda finance has a prepayment penalty. Can you sign up and then pay it off before incurring finance charges?

Picked up a 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with Tech in White (MSRP: $30,850) for $28,400 before any incentives. Only one applied to me was the Chase for $500 so I paid $27,900 + TTL

From what I read it sounds like around $2k under MSRP is generally regarded as a good deal? (w/o financing or a trade)

The first quote I got was around $1750 under. (Touring, Bose and Tech for $29,348) It sound like there's some more room to negotiate?

Anyone know if the $500 additional discount from Mazda finance has a prepayment penalty. Can you sign up and then pay it off before incurring finance charges?

If you finance from Mazda, I don't think you end up paying less interest rate if you pay earlier. It only reduces your payment monthly (ie you pay off an additional $500, it would reduce your payment from 24 to 23 months)

I've been lurking here for about 3 weeks in anticipation of buying a 2016 CX-5, and I took delivery today. I feel like I got an insane deal.

2016 Titanium Flash Touring, FWD w/Bose, Moonroof and Tech. Also got all weather mats, front window tints, cargo tray and retractable cargo cover.

OTD was $27,160 with 0 down, 3 year financing.

Got $500 for Memorial Day and $500 for being a Chase customer. Ran 3 bids via email, and did 2 additional rounds of negotiating before pulling the trigger.
Including Sales Tax? How much was it without Sales Tax?

Just bought a deep crystal blue AWD Touring this past weekend in Upstate NY.

MSRP of 27,400, bought for 25,478 before TTL, with only the $500 Mazda capital credit. And there's no prepayment penalty if you finance with Mazda. Could've gotten 25,300 from a dealer that was significantly further away but wasn't worth the drive.

Back