sunroof auto-close relay

bagger07

:
CX-5 GS
found this web site last year but they only made a plug and play relay for Kia and Hyundai i email them and ask if they have one for Mazda they reply me and said that a universal relay will be available soon .got an email last week and the relay is ready
here is the link http://www.exledusa.com/exled-one-touch-sunroof-relay-universal-version-remote-key-control.html
it's not a plug and play relay have to found how to wire it with the sunroof switch and motor. I just want the sunroof to auto-close when the ignition is off.no need to open and close with remote
i order the module last week and i will give a try

The auto close with ignition off, or when locking the car doesn't interest me, but I do wish the switch used one touch operation like most other manufacturers out there. Also annoying that it doesn't have the logic to go from tilt to fully open on it's own. Having to close the tilt first and then open the sunroof isn't a huge deal but they could have gotten some switch tech more advanced then what was available in the 90's.

I don't know about all the brands, but the wife's Honda sun roof works the same way as the Mazda.

found this web site last year but they only made a plug and play relay for Kia and Hyundai i email them and ask if they have one for Mazda they reply me and said that a universal relay will be available soon .got an email last week and the relay is ready
here is the link http://www.exledusa.com/exled-one-touch-sunroof-relay-universal-version-remote-key-control.html
it's not a plug and play relay have to found how to wire it with the sunroof switch and motor. I just want the sunroof to auto-close when the ignition is off.no need to open and close with remote
Good luck on this. Car companies skipped "one-touch" open/close function for moonroof and power windows mainly is for saving money and preventing injury hence the lawsuit. High-end cars which are having this feature, have to add some sort of "anti-pinch" capability, which means either adding the sensors and mechanism to make sure there is no obstacles while the glass is moving and stop moving-up or even retract a bit if sensing one (more expensive way of course), or special two-stage switch to let user having choices of automatic or manual operation (like our CX-5 driver's side window). If you want "one-touch" open/close function for moonroof and power windows, even without "anti-pinch" capability for safety reason, you still need to modify the wiring other than adding that relay. Another problem I can see is CX-5 cuts off power on moonroof and power windows immediately after you shut off the engine whereas higher-end cars are providing power for 1~5 minutes after you shut off so that you can have time to close moonroof and windows. This means you need to draw the battery power directly from another source with additional wiring.

There is a reason why this exLED company is not making plug-and-play kid for our CX-5 or Mazda's. This feature should be designed into the car at beginning, not afterwards.

The auto close with ignition off, or when locking the car doesn't interest me, but I do wish the switch used one touch operation like most other manufacturers out there. Also annoying that it doesn't have the logic to go from tilt to fully open on it's own. Having to close the tilt first and then open the sunroof isn't a huge deal but they could have gotten some switch tech more advanced then what was available in the 90's.
I don't know about all the brands, but the wife's Honda sun roof works the same way as the Mazda.
Mazda's moonroof and power windows control, which lacks of one-touch open/close function (other than driver's window, of course), are on par with Honda Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru's. And I'd not say this "one-touch" open/close function with "anti-pinch" capability feature available on "most other manufacturers" unless you're comparing Mazda to Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus. It's not because Mazda couldn't design its moonroof this way, but it's really the cost issue. As moonroof having the logic to go from tilt to fully open on it's own, even our BMW 528i can't do it.

My 2009 Honda Civic EX had auto open/close and one touch tilt-to-full open. Maybe it had "anti-pinch" capability, but I didn't test that out. I really miss it, as I use my sunroof a lot.

I do wish that the sunroof had one touch close. It's nice to just hit the button to open, it would be nice to do the same for closing it. Lets know when you get the thing installed how well it works and how hard it was. 3 day old car and I'm already thinking of changes I'll want to make.

Mazda's moonroof and power windows control, which lacks of one-touch open/close function (other than driver's window, of course), are on par with Honda Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru's. And I'd not say this "one-touch" open/close function with "anti-pinch" capability feature available on "most other manufacturers" unless you're comparing Mazda to Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus. It's not because Mazda couldn't design its moonroof this way, but it's really the cost issue. As moonroof having the logic to go from tilt to fully open on it's own, even our BMW 528i can't do it.

My 2002 VW Jetta had a dial for the moon roof, with 12 closed, turn clockwise to 3 tilted fully, and turn counter clockwise to 6 to fully opened, with steps in between to vary how much it was opened. You could rotate the dial to any position at any time. It had "anti-pinch" capability, so if you tried closing it with an obstruction, it would open all the way. This jetta also had one touch up & down window controls on the driver's side for the driver and front passenger window. All the passengers had a regular up/down switch, with no auto up/down. If you put the key in the door and turn left, all the windows go up, then moonroof closes, turn right, all the windows go down, and moonroof opens.

My husbands 2006 3 series has a moonroof control like the CX-5, but it does one touch to tilt and open/close, and can go from tilt to opened without having to be closed first, and has "anti-pinch" detection. It also has one touch up/down on all windows. It also does the key thing, where you put it in the door, turn right, everything opens, turn left, everything closes. If you hold down the unlock button on the fob, all the windows and moonroof open. However, holding the lock button does not close them. The new BMW's with comfort access allow you to do something similar with the door handle sensors.

My 2002 VW Jetta had a dial for the moon roof, with 12 closed, turn clockwise to 3 tilted fully, and turn counter clockwise to 6 to fully opened, with steps in between to vary how much it was opened.
Yeah, I know how does VW's moonroof work as we have a 2001.5 VW Passat. I agree VW's dial control is very nice but I really don't like its poor design on moonroof drains causing all the flooding problems inside the cabin and trunk areas! Worse, VW put not-water-proofing and expensive Conform Module and AT Control Module on the floor under the front seats!

My husbands 2006 3 series has a moonroof control like the CX-5, but it does one touch to tilt and open/close, and can go from tilt to opened without having to be closed first, and has "anti-pinch" detection. It also has one touch up/down on all windows. It also does the key thing, where you put it in the door, turn right, everything opens, turn left, everything closes. If you hold down the unlock button on the fob, all the windows and moonroof open. However, holding the lock button does not close them. The new BMW's with comfort access allow you to do something similar with the door handle sensors.
Our 2000 BMW 528i can't do that much on moonroof controls. But you'll notice, European luxury brands and VW really put a lot more into moonroof and window controls. It just shows Mazda is a small Japanese car company who needs to cut corners whenever it's possible to save cost in order to survive! We in US suffer by not having good moonroof and window controls, memory seat, and fuel saving i-LOOP and i-stop features which supposed to be a part of SkyActiv Technology.

Hyundai, Kia, and VW offer it on their vehicles. Some of the newer models from Honda and Toyota also include these features. (same with auto up/down for windows) They are direct competitors to Mazda.

Subaru is always way behind on electrical and creature comforts as well, but I still love their cars. I've owned 3 Subarus, and the CX-5 is our second Mazda. The overall driving enjoyment of the car IMO outweighs a few minor gripes. No car is perfect, but Mazda has successfully found a balance. You can throw a bunch of tech at a vehicle like the RAV4, but it is still as exciting as a washing machine to me.

Hyundai, Kia, and VW offer it on their vehicles. Some of the newer models from Honda and Toyota also include these features. (same with auto up/down for windows) They are direct competitors to Mazda.

Subaru is always way behind on electrical and creature comforts as well, but I still love their cars. I've owned 3 Subarus, and the CX-5 is our second Mazda. The overall driving enjoyment of the car IMO outweighs a few minor gripes. No car is perfect, but Mazda has successfully found a balance. You can throw a bunch of tech at a vehicle like the RAV4, but it is still as exciting as a washing machine to me.
"No car is perfect" or should we say some cars are indeed perfect but they are just too expensive! I'd be still complaining more on missing memory seat on US version CX-5 (which is definitely available on EVERY compatible CUV) than lack of one-touch auto open/close windows and moonroof!

My Nissan products have always had auto close on sunroof.... just a minor inconvenience to hold for close.

This company makes some good modules as well...nothing Mazda related though

http://www.kptechnologies.com/

Back