Show me your CX-5 wheels

I really wish you could see it better, but I love the OEM wheels on the new 2016 model. I like how it matches well with the new grill.

f5f0bd80-bfda-4c19-ad0f-b2504adc3d32_zps529fa687.jpg

2016CX5-1_zps2486771c.jpg

Last edited:
I really wish you could see it better, but I love the OEM wheels on the new 2016 model. I like how it matches well with the new grill.
So it appears that the new 19s are the same as the old, but with a different paint treatment?

agreed, love the lights though. has anyone colormatched the mouldings yet? have seen it on white and matte black but it makes the car a bit bloated in those colors.
all of the color "matched" moldings I've come across are off color enough to be noticed. Same with many of the fender flares.

2015-02-04153013_zps4f00fc1c.jpg

Mazdasweed's matte black is the closest I've seen. Still waiting for someone to do this to a Black Mica.

The '16 rims look too busy IMHO

Hi fellas,
Quick question, is it alright to use staggered wheels on an AWD CX-5?

Front 8.5J while rear 9.5J? But all four rims are wrapped with the same exact tires.

Thanks in advance.!

I may be getting new wheels (which I will sell my old one) and I wanted some opinions on this. I currently run a +40 8.5" wheel I am looking at a +45 8.5" or 9" wheel as the new one. Should I expect two identical wheels with the same offset but different widths to stick out the same? E.g a same wheel, 8.5" +40 will stick out as much as 9" +40?

I may be getting new wheels (which I will sell my old one) and I wanted some opinions on this. I currently run a +40 8.5" wheel I am looking at a +45 8.5" or 9" wheel as the new one. Should I expect two identical wheels with the same offset but different widths to stick out the same? E.g a same wheel, 8.5" +40 will stick out as much as 9" +40?

Negative. A wider wheel with the same offset WILL stick out further due to its larger width. Offset is measured from the centerpoint of the rim's width to where the wheel's vertical hub seat lies.

A 10" wide wheel with 40 offset, will definitely stick out more than an 8" wide wheel with 40 offset. By 1" on each side ;-)

Negative. A wider wheel with the same offset WILL stick out further due to its larger width. Offset is measured from the centerpoint of the rim's width to where the wheel's vertical hub seat lies.

A 10" wide wheel with 40 offset, will definitely stick out more than an 8" wide wheel with 40 offset. By 1" on each side ;-)
Ah ok. Makes sense because the same wheel in a larger size was offered in a lower offset.

Just curious ... why do you want to go to a +45 offset, which will effectively bring the wheels further under the guards? I thought your +40 offset on an 8.5" wheel looked perfect from the photos I've seen of your car.

Just curious ... why do you want to go to a +45 offset, which will effectively bring the wheels further under the guards? I thought your +40 offset on an 8.5" wheel looked perfect from the photos I've seen of your car.

I was looking at it backwards

Ok, so it seems like my current wheels, 8.5" (216mm)+ the offset of 40 give it a total distance from the hub of 256mm (my tires are 255 as well). So a 9" (229mm) wheel with 30 offset will be 257mm from the hub, or roughly equal visually to what I have now, except the tire would be slightly less bulged. Do you guys agree with this as far comparing distance? I am thinking mybe a 9.5" with 30 offset to give me a *very* slight poke (+ I want a wider wheel).

I'm looking at buying some 20" Demoda Vanquish wheels for my new 2016 CX5 Touring and it looks like I have the option on either getting 19 x 8.5 in a +35 offset or a +45 offset. I'm guessing I would want the +45 offset to be able to run a wider tire ?? The wheels are available in both 19" and 20" with those offsets. Seems like most people posting here in the last year have been going with the 20" wheels but I didn't really read much from anyone on how well the 20" wheels/lower profile tires really ride? I take a lot of long distance trips with a full carload of mountain bikers. Any suggestions and insight are MUCH appreciated !!!

Ok, so it seems like my current wheels, 8.5" (216mm)+ the offset of 40 give it a total distance from the hub of 256mm (my tires are 255 as well). So a 9" (229mm) wheel with 30 offset will be 257mm from the hub, or roughly equal visually to what I have now, except the tire would be slightly less bulged. Do you guys agree with this as far comparing distance? I am thinking mybe a 9.5" with 30 offset to give me a *very* slight poke (+ I want a wider wheel).

CTH, a 9.5" wide wheel with 30 offset seems like it would stick out a bit much. . .go 9" with 35 offset, that should be okay!

New wheels arrived, just need to fit tyres and put on car , will go and take pic as they are in my shed
Great having a Mazda Dealership guy as a mate , when clients buy new cars and upgrade the wheels to 22" he helps them offset the cost of te upgrade by finding a buyer for them , luckily I got in first before the mag wheel shop that snaps them up, sadly the oem 20" rubber not the right size for my CX-5.

Do you like the new Shadow Chrome 20" CX-9's ?

6A3FE880-FB57-4C95-9B6C-BCDA442BD7E8.jpg~original

E6D1A833-C62B-41B6-8693-77FB4D8A05B9.jpg~original

Love them. I've just bought the same wheels for my misses CX5. Gonna get them powder coated satin black and have the correct size tyres fitted and I'll put up sum pics. I'm also going to order sum CorkSport springs 2.

Back