NEMOC Random BS Thread

^^^Yup. I met up with Bruce and Mary Friday night down in Savannah, GA. Thanks again for dinner! You two heading out for MB tomorrow, right?

The reason I was down South? Bought a 2003 Miata down in Melbourne, FL and flew down Friday morning to pick her up. :D
attachment.php

congrats jeff, zoom zoom zoom driving it

CNN says 9 year old tires. http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/showbiz/paul-walker-crash-probe/

Phen is right, for a show car with very expensive tires it doesn't surprise me that they were that old. A blowout could easily explain the crash. So couldn't hitting a manhole cover or pothole at that speed, or possibly avoiding another vehicle pulling out of a driveway. Whatever it was, its something that could have been avoided by keeping triple-digit driving to roads that are designed to handle it...you know, like the race track or the autobahn.

thats some tragic accident ..

Ya, so cover all the electrical stuff, air intake with baggies etc, spray it down with a hose with some pressure, spray simple green diluted, brush/softer bristle, hose off, wipe down and you'll be good to go!

Last edited:
I'd have to imagine that the tires were a contributing factor in the crash. Anyone else see the trailer for Brick Mansions? I think it looks pretty good, includes a great cover of "Stand By Me" and had no idea that he had even worked on it before FF7.
Yeah I saw it. Looks like it will be a decent action flick along the lines of the first Transporter. I'm only saying that because it was on last night and I watched the bus terminal scene where he takes on a hoard of thugs inside the bus, gets out, has to beat the boss, then has to fight the second wave of thugs on a greasy floor wearing bicycle pedals for cleats. LOL, epic scene. Although I don't think bicycle pedals would actually give him appropriate grip it is fun to watch.

Loved that scene.

Ya, so cover all the electrical stuff, air intake with baggies etc, spray it down with a hose with some pressure, spray simple green diluted, brush/softer bristle, hose off, wipe down and you'll be good to go!

Diluted how much?? 50%?

Enjoyed the 1st day of MAMB. Not much going on today, socializing with people, checking out the rides. Tomorrow is autox and track time at the speedway.

Added a little vinyl to Lexi. ;)
attachment.php

congrats jeff, zoom zoom zoom driving it

Thanks Tony and no problem there. lol

Yeah I saw it. Looks like it will be a decent action flick along the lines of the first Transporter. I'm only saying that because it was on last night and I watched the bus terminal scene where he takes on a hoard of thugs inside the bus, gets out, has to beat the boss, then has to fight the second wave of thugs on a greasy floor wearing bicycle pedals for cleats. LOL, epic scene. Although I don't think bicycle pedals would actually give him appropriate grip it is fun to watch.

OMG, forgot about that scene. Another good action flick as were the other Transporters, I thought. Speaking of Jason Statham I bought Homefront on bluray but have yet to watch it.

Enjoyed the 1st day of MAMB. Not much going on today, socializing with people, checking out the rides. Tomorrow is autox and track time at the speedway.

Have fun Bruce and show those young whippersnappers just how it's done!

Attachments

• Lexi - Reppin NEMOC.jpeg
    Lexi - Reppin NEMOC.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 82
Damn Jeff, you named the Miata faster than I named the Fiat... which I haven't yet...

Any suggestions for an awesome Italian female name are appreciated. lol.

Haven't seen it yet, I'll add it to our Netflix queue.

Won't be watching it this weekend either. Heading out to Indiana, PA tonight and then visiting the IUP campus tomorrow. It's our daughter's school of choice but next month we are going to East Stroudsburg and Bloomsberg.

Damn Jeff, you named the Miata faster than I named the Fiat... which I haven't yet...

lol, you can thank Tam for the name. She got it from Grey's Anatomy and has always liked it. Since we didn't name our kitten Lexi she choose the car. hahahahaha

Noting off the top of my head at the moment.

lol, you can thank Tam for the name. She got it from Grey's Anatomy and has always liked it. Since we didn't name our kitten Lexi she choose the car. hahahahaha

i should get one of them stickers and make it the first one i add to my miata :)

Hello all!

Phen~ Sophia!!

Bruce~ just realized we have friends down at the myrtle beach miata meet. Gayenell and Tim Gull. They may be wearing their new MOCO jackets with the new mazda motorsports logo on the back. I told them to look for you, your car is very distinguishable. Hope your having fun and the weather is cooperating nicely.

We are expecting more snow tomorrow ... come on, really???

Bambina??

Hello all!

Phen~ Sophia!!

Bruce~ just realized we have friends down at the myrtle beach miata meet. Gayenell and Tim Gull. They may be wearing their new MOCO jackets with the new mazda motorsports logo on the back. I told them to look for you, your car is very distinguishable. Hope your having fun and the weather is cooperating nicely.

We are expecting more snow tomorrow ... come on, really???

Haven't so far but will loo for them. Managed to pull a 3rd place in the autox!! Weather was fine yesterday and at least we got thru the autox before it started to rain. Last day tomorrow.

And happy belated Birthday Lauri!!

Last edited:
Been busy with cycling and work. Rescued a puppy here so now it's a bit of a zoo. Back home in June for a month to do some racing.

How are you finding Malaysia?

Finished the MAMB event yesterday. Was pretty good overall. Well run event and a good location for the meetings. The hotel had a tiered above ground garage. The car show is normally held on the open roof, but since it was pouring rain we moved down to the next floor. Some nice cars, FASTREDRAT's new TDR turbokit, FINIATA's LS powered NC and some other nice NA's and NB's. There was a nice NB with a Roush supercharger.

I entered the show, not really expecting anything since MIA's no trailer queen, never did get to the engine cleaning thanks for the info Mark, but received a spirit of the Miata award which was nice.

Lauri I did run into the Gulls. We had a nice conversation, seem like great people. She was interested in my RV experience, Tim seemed kind of wary but she seems excited to try, lol.

yo ash!
How are you finding Malaysia?

Finished the MAMB event yesterday. Was pretty good overall. Well run event and a good location for the meetings. The hotel had a tiered above ground garage. The car show is normally held on the open roof, but since it was pouring rain we moved down to the next floor. Some nice cars, FASTREDRAT's new TDR turbokit, FINIATA's LS powered NC and some other nice NA's and NB's. There was a nice NB with a Roush supercharger.

I entered the show, not really expecting anything since MIA's no trailer queen, never did get to the engine cleaning thanks for the info Mark, but received a spirit of the Miata award which was nice.

Lauri I did run into the Gulls. We had a nice conversation, seem like great people. She was interested in my RV experience, Tim seemed kind of wary but she seems excited to try, lol.
nice bruce "spirit of the miata" i like it!
I actually named my car for the first time ever. Since it's BRG, I call her Bergee. :)
i like it...never ever thought of a nick name for my car...suggestions? little red?

Back