What did you pay for your CX-5?

Mazda Evanston is avoiding my price quote question. Won't give me one, only says "bring in a print out of another quote and we'll beat it by $200"

Mazda Evanston is avoiding my price quote question. Won't give me one, only says "bring in a print out of another quote and we'll beat it by $200"

Will they give you a quote over the phone? I don't think I ever got a quote over email, other than from the no-haggle places - largely because they know that other dealerships run this precise kind of scam. If they aren't willing to give you a quote over the phone, screw 'em and go somewhere else.

Or, better yet, get another dealer to give you a written "quote" for a loaded GT AWD for $19,500, that says "just kidding" on the back, and email it over to Mazda Evanston.

lol

Well I've been getting quotes from around the area and they're all around $28,700 (some with -$200 for mazda financing, which we'll be doing). So if Evanston will do $28,200 then they'll probably get our business.

Hi all, just joined the forum! Looking to be the expecting father of a brand new CX5 by the end of August :p

Currently in talks with a dealer for a White '14, AWD, Touring, Tech & Bose package CX5. After loyalty rebate, have the offer down to $26k even but I am aiming for $25,800. He told me to come back in a couple of weeks and he can get the pricing lower. Pretty excited and can't wait to join the group! Will post what the official price is after we get the vehicle.
Edit:
From my research, it seems like a fair deal. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Kirkland WA, purchased this weekend Liquid Silver 2014 GT Tech Package, bumper guard, roof rail, 30,560. I coulda haggled at the dealer, but got the deal all done after doing a test drive earlier in the day over text and telephone. Free car washes for life isn't too shabby either.

is it FWD or AWD?

Hi all, just joined the forum! Looking to be the expecting father of a brand new CX5 by the end of August :p

Currently in talks with a dealer for a White '14, AWD, Touring, Tech & Bose package CX5. After loyalty rebate, have the offer down to $26k even but I am aiming for $25,800. He told me to come back in a couple of weeks and he can get the pricing lower. Pretty excited and can't wait to join the group! Will post what the official price is after we get the vehicle.
Edit:
From my research, it seems like a fair deal. Thoughts?

that's a great deal. take it!

2014 GT AWD w/ Tech Package, All-Weather Mats, Cargo Cover, and Cargo Mat (rubber) - $30,682 + taxes/fees = $32,744.80

2014 GT AWD w/ Tech Package, All-Weather Mats, Cargo Cover, and Cargo Mat (rubber) - $30,682 + taxes/fees = $32,744.80

WAS wondering if most people quoting prices are previous Mazda owners at getting the $500.00. rebate ... These deals seem to be far greater than the prices i'm getting in the Boston area. w/o being a prior owner or current military.

I'm hoping to pickup a new 2014 CX-5 SE later this week or possibly next week.. I'm currently still in the process of debating if I want it in black or white... Decisions decisions..

WAS wondering if most people quoting prices are previous Mazda owners at getting the $500.00. rebate ... These deals seem to be far greater than the prices i'm getting in the Boston area. w/o being a prior owner or current military.

I had the same experience. I wasn't willing to drive much outside the Boston area, and I wasn't able to get much below invoice. I see a _ton_ of CX-5s on the road around here, and my guess is that dealers have found they don't need to discount much to get the volume they're looking for. There aren't a lot of cars with AWD (for New England winters) and better gas mileage (for Boston gas prices and green cred), which might explain it.

Just picked up our first Mazda.

2014 CX-5 GT AWD (Meteor Gray)

No extras. 0.9% for 60 months. Purchase price: $28,428.

Evanston, IL - Mazda Autobarn. Dealt with Chris Norton, highly recommended. No nonsense - undercut all other quotes by $200.

Just picked up our first Mazda.

2014 CX-5 GT AWD (Meteor Gray)

No extras. 0.9% for 60 months. Purchase price: $28,428.

Evanston, IL - Mazda Autobarn. Dealt with Chris Norton, highly recommended. No nonsense - undercut all other quotes by $200.
Congrats. Glad you were able to work them down. Did the finance guy try to sell you their maintenance plan for $30/month?
Now we gotta have a Chicagoland meet.

yeah of course he did. Actually I decided just for peace of mind to extend the manufacturer's warranty 3 more years so it at least covered the car while we're paying on it. So that was I think $24/month. I didn't feel too pressured and I was definitely in control, but it seemed like a good idea. It was the lowest option. There were options up to like $80/month.

yeah of course he did. Actually I decided just for peace of mind to extend the manufacturer's warranty 3 more years so it at least covered the car while we're paying on it. So that was I think $24/month. I didn't feel too pressured and I was definitely in control, but it seemed like a good idea. It was the lowest option. There were options up to like $80/month.
What did the extended warranty cover? Was it from Mazda or third party.
So you paid $1440 for a 6 year 60k extended warranty?

I don't have it on me, but it covers most things that aren't parts that normally wear out like brake pads.

Yeah something like that. 6 year 60K

Back