Best wax/sealant for Siver CX 5

bosip

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5
Can anyone tell me what they have found as the best wax or sealant or best combination of products for the Liquid Silver metallic CX 5. I used Meguiars and Klasse products in the past on our red cars and they looked great but neither of them seem to make the silver pop the way I would like.

Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 for sealant, and either Dodo Juice Hard Candy or Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub for wax.

I've used Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze for 7+ years, both the cars look good and the paint is in great shape. I've clayed both cars as well.

The luster you lust after may be something that is in the eye of the beholder, my LSM Sport model has more of a gorgeous silvery look than my older silver hatch sitting next to it regardless of the clay work and wax applied to the hatch, wax and surface prep can only do so much if the paint underneath lacks whatever you're seeking.

All else fails you could have a proper polishing job done (random orbital buffer with a high quality compound/wax) to a small area to see if that would make any difference, but that's a lot of work for that...

/\
||

Wise, what he said, is.
maestro_yoda_small.jpg

When I first bought my last car, about 6 years ago, I really got into the detailing game. Tried about every wax/sealant out there, including Klasse (excellent stuff), as well as dozens of different cleaning products. Even bought a random orbital buffer, for applying the stuff. If you've got the time and energy, it can be very rewarding.

Now I'm older and lazy and hire it done. (yippy)

Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 for sealant, and either Dodo Juice Hard Candy or Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub for wax.
Where's a good site or place to buy these?
Found them on Amazon.
$38 for 16oz Jetseal 109.
Dodo Juice wax is +$30 also.

Can anyone tell me what they have found as the best wax or sealant or best combination of products for the Liquid Silver metallic CX 5. I used Meguiars and Klasse products in the past on our red cars and they looked great but neither of them seem to make the silver pop the way I would like.

http://www.3dproducts.com/34/

Have used these products since day one. Great shine, easy to use and lasting protection. Nitro seal is awesome and easy to apply....

For the past 6 years the only after wash (hand wash only) product that was used on my Space Gray BMW E92 was Eagle1 wax-as-u- dry. Not a swirl in the paint and rain always beaded up nicely. I spend enough time getting the car clean (BTW, silver/gray is a great color that does not show dirt) that I'm not interested in additional time to apply and buff.

Back