CX-5 Brake AutoHold

Hi. I was a bit annoyed with having to engage the Brake AutoHold after every start and found this module online in Japan. The module allows to auto-engage Brake AutoHold on every start automatically + will release the Parking Brake when shifting into gear. I went ahead and bought the module from the shop in Japan but unfortunately, the wiring harness connection does not work for my vehicle (Mazda CX-5 2023 UAE model). The module can be found in the below link: マツダ CX-5 CX-8 対応シフト連動オートパーキングブレーキ&ホールドキット (Japanese, use Chrome to translate). And here is a video of the module with installation: マツダ CX-5/CX-8 対応 シフト連動オートパーキングブレーキ&ホールドキットが新登場!もうスイッチは触らなくてOK!

I tried contacting the shop to work out a solution since I really wanted this functionality but all they said I could do was issue a refund after I return the item (I think the language barrier was an issue). Anyways I am attaching a picture of the harness with the 3 cables I was not able to connect, I was thinking that instead of using the harness as it clearly does not work, I could splice into the required signals for the module to work. The 3 cables are red, blue & yellow (possibly 12V+, 12V-, remote). Is there a way to reverse-engineer this connection in order to find out which signal I need to splice into so that I could make it work.

Attachments

• IMG20230627065215.jpg
    IMG20230627065215.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG20230627212533~2.jpg
    IMG20230627212533~2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 74
Brake AutoHold?

Is that like a hill holder?

Why would you need this in a vehicle with an automatic trans?

Brake AutoHold?

Is that like a hill holder?

Why would you need this in a vehicle with an automatic trans?
The Mazda AUTOHOLD function automatically holds the vehicle stopped, even if you take your foot off the brake pedal. This function can be best used while stopped in traffic or at a traffic light. The brakes are released when you start driving the vehicle.

This sounds like it would be a software hack not a hardware add-on..
From Mazda3 forums, I read this was not possible by hacking the software, however somebody mentioned this module and I went ahead and ordered it. It plugs fine into the AUTOHOLD switch in the center pedestal however the connector on the picture attached above unfortunately is not compatible with my car.

I have the feature on my CX-50 and LOVE it. I too would like to enable it all the time, but I was going to 'roll my own' using a microcontroller in series with the switch (just shorts the switch contacts for 1/2 a second after the car starts) but that would not disable the parking brake like this module is supposed to.

Hmmm, thanks for the link, I may look into whether these exist for the CX-30/50.

I have the feature on my CX-50 and LOVE it. I too would like to enable it all the time, but I was going to 'roll my own' using a microcontroller in series with the switch (just shorts the switch contacts for 1/2 a second after the car starts) but that would not disable the parking brake like this module is supposed to.

Hmmm, thanks for the link, I may look into whether these exist for the CX-30/50.
Yep, my RAV 4 engages and disengages the Parking Brake on gear selection and it's nice.

Back