What did you pay for your CX-5?

Looking to picking up a CX-5 (First Mazda) after cross shopping 2012 CRV EX-L / Nav and Subaru Forester.
Should I wait for the 2014 ? Due out end of this month or next month ?
The engine I guess doesn't matter too much since I want to pick this up for my mother. Better gas mileage is always better.

Now I got an initial offer of

Dealer Price : $28,245.00 for the cost of the car with Bose and tech package AWD touring. Price seems definitely high.
CarsDirect Price: $28,029.00 same option. (When I shopped for a 2012 Honda Accord back in late november, I got 1800 off the carsdirect price which was below their listed invoice price.)

Now According to Carsdirect listing.

MSRP PRICING: $28,745
INVOICE PRICING: $28,129

What number should I be shooting for the 2013 with said package. With the release of the 2014 will the discount on the 2013 be more significant ?
Does it seem doable at 25.5-26k before taxes ? Or should I shoot lower ?

Would really like to take advantage of the 0.9apr but that's til the end of this Month, any thoughts on if Mazda may extend this offer ?

Appreciate your input. :)

Last edited:
Now According to Carsdirect listing.

MSRP PRICING: $28,745
INVOICE PRICING: $28,129

Edmunds lists 2013 invoice of CX-5 Touring w/bose & tech @ $27278 & MSRP @ $28255 and mazdausa.com lists MSRP @ $28555 so I don't know about Carsdirect's #'s.

Shoot for invoice and go from there. Good chance financing will be extended.

Edmunds lists 2013 invoice of CX-5 Touring w/bose & tech @ $27278 & MSRP @ $28255 and mazdausa.com lists MSRP @ $28555 so I don't know about Carsdirect's #'s.

Shoot for invoice and go from there. Good chance financing will be extended.

Hm.. then might be worth to wait it out. From reading above and looking at edmunds town hall pricing forum, they're able to score below invoice. So i'll shoot for below invoice.

I just paid sticker for mine, but got tint and roof racks tossed on. I was very color-specific (zeal red mica with black cloth), and there was one left in our region, so I am happy with that!

Currently the local dealer has a CX-5 Touring in Stormy Blue (my favorite color out of the options) with the following options:

Packages:
MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE
POWER MOONROOF
BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE

They are asking $27,009 -- seems like a pretty good deal. I don't really need the tech package, but having some extra amenities might encourage me to own the vehicle longer.

At this point what's another month you know? The later the more buying power. I'm sure there's still plenty of 2013 inventory to move.

You can play the dealer saying if the right deal falls into your lap then you'd sign the papers sooner than later.

Currently the local dealer has a CX-5 Touring in Stormy Blue (my favorite color out of the options) with the following options:

Packages:
MOONROOF/BOSE PACKAGE
POWER MOONROOF
BOSE 9-SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE

They are asking $27,009 -- seems like a pretty good deal. I don't really need the tech package, but having some extra amenities might encourage me to own the vehicle longer.

Is that for AWD or FWD ?
I got an offer for 27,6xx before ttl for AWD

Is that for AWD or FWD ?
I got an offer for 27,6xx before ttl for AWD

That is FWD. But comparing the dealers that did list prices and details online it seems like it is actually the best price compared to all the dealers within 100 miles of me for the touring with Bose/Moonroof & Tech Packages.

2013 you mean? Was it a Touring? What was the price?

Touring with Tech and Bose package is what I'm wanting if I get one...though admittedly I'm loving the new Mazda6

If they had the Mazda6 in a Wagon it would be awesome. As for the Touring with Tech & Bose, I too am hoping that I can get one. Not sure when the sweet spot for buying a 2013 will be, or if I'll be ready to buy at that exact time though.

Well I'm upset. The new 2013 Toyota Rav4 handles better than the CX-5 according to edmunds. It has a better slalom time and slightly better acceleration and more power. I can't accept a that a Toyota handles better than a competing Mazda in the same class. At least the Mazda is still more fun.

IMHO, just from the pics that I've seen, I wouldn't even consider test driving the Rav4 since it's so Fugly!

Well I'm upset. The new 2013 Toyota Rav4 handles better than the CX-5 according to edmunds. It has a better slalom time and slightly better acceleration and more power. I can't accept a that a Toyota handles better than a competing Mazda in the same class. At least the Mazda is still more fun.

I'm not upset, glad to see a decent handling Toyota. Most people wont notice the difference in slalom time of Rav 4's 62.7 versus CX-5's 62.4 mph. (Skidpad btw is same for both at .78). IMO, such a small difference in slalom time doesn't insure better handling between the 2 and doesn't tell whole story on handling.

The difference in acceleration and MPG will be noticed by most owners, 0-60 of 9.1 seconds is significantly quicker than 9.7 seconds recorded by Edmunds on CX-5.
And the fuel efficiency difference of 10% is significant too.

I'm not upset, glad to see a decent handling Toyota. Most people wont notice the difference in slalom time of Rav 4's 62.7 versus CX-5's 62.4 mph. (Skidpad btw is same for both at .78). IMO, such a small difference in slalom time doesn't insure better handling between the 2 and doesn't tell whole story on handling.

The difference in acceleration and MPG will be noticed by most owners, 0-60 of 9.1 seconds is significantly quicker than 9.7 seconds recorded by Edmunds on CX-5.
And the fuel efficiency difference of 10% is significant too.

What will the 0-60 be on the 2.5L engine?

I'm glad people on this forum do their research. @CX-SV.

True no one would feel the difference. But if the new Rav4 feels anything like the last generation Rav4, then the Mazda definitely wins in how fun it is to drive.

Latest posts

Back