New here, guess this is good a place as any to introduce myself!

flatlander937

:
'11 Mazda2 Sport
Hey guys... my name is Tony and just bought an 09 Mazda 3i w/ the touring package. My wife and I have a baby on the way((breakn)) due in August... so we traded in our 07 Silverado for the 3... better mileage, easier back seat access, and frankly we just outgrew the usefulness of the truck.

DSCF2805.jpg

DSCF2804.jpg

DSCF2806.jpg

I'm an automotive technician and work on all makes and models... and frankly getting to drive everything I have been super impressed with Mazdas... I got to go to an auto-x event last year and rode along in a bunch of Miatas... TONS of fun, and would love to have one eventually as a track car, but not a good daily driver for me, and I wouldn't want to drive it in the snow/salt with the rocker rust problems.

By the way, I'm into Jeeps as well... though I'm debating selling this one to build another(better, lighter) Jeep based buggy:

167139_634871550670_50900956_35570497_3406871_n.jpg

tjflexatbills.jpg

Yeah... I've got some moderate fab skills... so we'll see what happens when the Mazda3 is paid off... I have a problem with leaving stuff alone, though I've gotta restrain myself on this one for a while.

So yeah... I'm in the Dayton area, if anyone wants to meet up or needs a hand wrenching, or wants to go shooting(another of my hobbies), feel free to drop me a PM!

Welcome aboard! If you haven't already, you need to check out the Ohio section. It seems there is always something going on meet wise. Congrats on the little one, we just had our son in November. What are you having? That Jeep looks sweet btw.

edit: I see now that you posted in the Ohio section. I fail!

Welcome! (2thumbs) Really like the color of that 3 that you got.

Welcome! I also have a little one on the way in about 2-3 weeks. The 3 looks very nice and that's a cool jeep

Welcome aboard, look at all the new arrivals, all the new babies coming this year. Congrats on the new babay as well!

Welcome and congrats on the new car and the new addition to the family coming soon! These guys and gals are always up to something it seems and are a great group of people! Love the Jeep as well and had to send that pic to my bro-in-law. He sold his Wrangler last year and is now looking hardcore for a 2004-05 Rubicon for his next project.

Welcome aboard! If you haven't already, you need to check out the Ohio section. It seems there is always something going on meet wise. Congrats on the little one, we just had our son in November. What are you having? That Jeep looks sweet btw.

A little sleep deprived, are we Larry? hahaha

Thanks! Not sure yet... should find out in a couple weeks!

Welcome! (2thumbs) Really like the color of that 3 that you got.

Thanks, me too!

Welcome! I also have a little one on the way in about 2-3 weeks. The 3 looks very nice and that's a cool jeep

Thanks and congrats!

Welcome aboard!!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard, look at all the new arrivals, all the new babies coming this year. Congrats on the new babay as well!

Yeah it's like an epidemic or something(drinks) Same thing with where I work, bunch of coworkers have babies on the way as well.

Welcome and congrats on the new car and the new addition to the family coming soon! These guys and gals are always up to something it seems and are a great group of people! Love the Jeep as well and had to send that pic to my bro-in-law. He sold his Wrangler last year and is now looking hardcore for a 2004-05 Rubicon for his next project.

Thanks! I noticed that the Ohio forum seems to be quite active, which is great... I really can't wait to auto-x this thing!

Welcome!!!!

Thank you!

Welcome man! I like the 3, I'd snag that jeep off you if I had the cash too. Crazy articulation

Thanks! And it can be yours for the low low price of $10k... pennies a day my friend! It's an 03 with 60k miles on it... only thing I regret is not waiting until I paid it off... my build thread on it can be seen here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768019

--------

Anyways I got to take it out on some country roads tonight and throw it into a couple of corners... was quite fun(kiss) I can't wait the first auto-x event isn't until April 15th... that's way too far away from now!

I think the plan is to replace the brakes all around with some new rotors and aggressive pads, bleed the brakes, and just drive it. Eventually would like to get a set of MX5 16x6.5 wheels to throw some summer tires on, with the intent of replacing those with sticky tires after I have more seat time. And some Koni or Bilsteins in there somewhere.

16" MX-5 wheels you say with summer tires you say, eh......hmmmmmm lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5 - First Wash 2011 (4).JPG
    P5 - First Wash 2011 (4).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Those 16" MX-5 wheels look really good! How about the 17's that come on the MX-5?

No they have more spokes. I think they are 17x7 though.

Mazda3BlackHoodLowered.jpg

Actually, a lot sleep deprived.

hehe....been there my friend, it does get better and then gets to the point where they stay up later than you on the weekends. haha

Those are actually the exact wheels I had in mind should I go for 16s :)

Yup and wrapped in Conti Extreme Contact DW's 205/50/16 and also rare around these parts. I've only seen one Miata around with them, all of the others have 17's. If that is what you like, then go for it!

No they have more spokes. I think they are 17x7 though.

Pretty sure you are right...wanna say the offset is +50 but not 100% sure on that. The 16's are 16x6.5 +55 and some 10mm spacers would be very nice to push them out just a bit.

Latest posts

Back