The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Holy s***....what a day.

Started at 9:30, everyone else got here at 10, then we made a parts run to Auto Zone. Took about 2-3 hours to install Efans on my brother's TBSS because everyone was bullshitting. lol Did his 160 T-stat real quick, then tried to fill his coolant back up with my vacuum tool, (puts a vacuum on the system, then shoots the antifreeze in, for NO air bubbles) but the system wasn't holding the vacuum. After troubleshooting what it could be for an hour, double and TRIPLE checking his hoses and the water neck, I just said screw it and shot the A/F in there anyway. Sometimes air will get in by the radiator overflow hose, so I just chalked it up to that.

He turns his truck on after that, and we were waiting patiently for the efans to kick on indicating that we had installed them correctly. lol They turn on, but I notice it spraying A/F all over the motor? I thought it was just excess that I might have spilled, but it was DOUCHING out! He had a damn hole in his radiator! Must've happened while we were dropping the efans in. After calling 12 different parts stores with the closest radiator being 2 days out, the Napa in Kent supposedly had a one.....but it was 4:10, and of course they closed at 4!!!! So he took our Cavalier home until I can get a radiator installed for him. Hopefully that Napa does have one...need to call tomorrow morning.

Between that, doing front brakes and painting calipers on his SS, one guy cutting his headlights open to paint them (paint was slow 'cause of the cold), another guy changing his transfer case and differential fluid, and HID's in my Trailblazer, I didn't get in till after 11. Now I get to wake up and do it all over again! I was planning on tearing apart my p5 to catalog all the parts I can sell, but if that Napa has a radiator, I'll have to get that in real quick.

Ah well...such is life. At least the HID's in the TB look awesome, and the wife got drunk enough to initiate a little nookie....good day! hehe

Can't sleep of course. Always happens the night before an event. Feels like I'm a little kid again waiting to go to Cedar Point.
Only 16 members on the whole forum, nice.

OK, my place will host up to 6 people. Marc said we can go to his place and use a projector on his garage, it might be a little chilly for some. The documentary is 2 hours and 40 min long, we might be able to make a little meet out of it, maybe grill some food and watch it when it's dark out.

Thoughts?

Well, next weekend is Easter so that is out. The weekend after, we have plans. The weekend after we are free May 7th. How does that sound for everyone? The weekend after is VIR.

Haha, Starting at the end of this month, I will be out of town every weekend until mid-June, so I definitely can't make it. Hahaha.

I like the idea of the projector at Marc's house if he was serious about that idea. We can wait till it warms up a bit in the evenings. That would be epic.

My car will be a little easier to pick out this year:
attachment.php

Since I was living with my parents, I always filled my taxes as a dependent. So this year, I was supposed to owe $700!!! Well, I re-did the taxes as an independent and the tables have turned Uncle Sam! He owes me $1300!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT So now I can pay my bills and pay off my credit card!!! And....I have some money to spend on a new toy for Victoria:

IMG_5638.jpg

I got the James Barone Rear Sway bar. Also, I'm selling my MS3 sway to Hat, so it's like I'm getting a $75 discount HAHA I can't wait to get it and install it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raced are first event for NWOR SCCA. THe car ran great (lots more tripoding). I would have won my class but somehow a Saturn Sky Turbo got in my class and was supose to be in STS and not STX, but oh well. HE had probably 6o more Horse and weighed about 600 pounds less and only beat me by less than .6 seconds. Maybe they will change it?

Quick query, would a full-head motorcycle helmet work for Hyperdrive/HDPE? I mean I would assume it's designed for the helmet to contact the road with your head in it, whereas in a car, you're in trouble if your head hits the pavement. Just wondering, I've got a line on a 300$ helmet for 25$ and was hoping it would work for on the track, too.

Quick query, would a full-head motorcycle helmet work for Hyperdrive/HDPE? I mean I would assume it's designed for the helmet to contact the road with your head in it, whereas in a car, you're in trouble if your head hits the pavement. Just wondering, I've got a line on a 300$ helmet for 25$ and was hoping it would work for on the track, too.

probably not, what's the SNELL rating?

Most motorcycle helmets that are semi-decent (HJC, Shoei, Arai, etc...) are both DOT and at least SA2005 rated. Just now the moto helmets are starting to come out with the SA2010 ratings. I used an older Shoei helmet last weekend and the back had a sticker that claimed both "DOT and Snell Approved"

Edit: For instance, the HJC CL-16 is Snell2010 approved--and only $120 to boot!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
probably not, what's the SNELL rating?

I'll have to look into it.

Most motorcycle helmets that are semi-decent (HJC, Shoei, Arai, etc...) are both DOT and at least SA2005 rated. Just now the moto helmets are starting to come out with the SA2010 ratings. I used an older Shoei helmet last weekend and the back had a sticker that claimed both "DOT and Snell Approved"

Edit: For instance, the HJC CL-16 is Snell2010 approved--and only $120 to boot!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

They're both HJC. I dunno how they are so expensive, one is supposed to be 250 and the other is supposed to be 300 new. They have all the air vents for comfort and stuff. They're also Large, which fit me. Looks like some research is in order.

Also, post #10,000 ITT FTW!

Latest posts

Back