hypertech?

Seems it's time to remind everyone that Hypertech & Chris@Hypertech are currently NOT Authorized Vendors which means they are NOT authorized yet to actually conduct business in any way, shape or form on Mazda Forums.

While Chris@Hypertech has emailed me about becoming an Authorized Vendor, I have not received their application yet and in no way has Hypertech completed the application process.

This thread may remain open ONLY to discuss Hypertech products. ONLY Mazda Forums Authorized Vendors are allowed to conduct business in this thread and in this Community.

Everyone's understanding and cooperation would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable on adding modifications: If I were to spend ~$500 on my next mod, would you recommend the Hypertech over an upgraded intercooler (or something else)? I already have a PG SRI and turbo inlet. I don't intend on doing much tweaking once it's installed.

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable on adding modifications: If I were to spend ~$500 on my next mod, would you recommend the Hypertech over an upgraded intercooler (or something else)? I already have a PG SRI and turbo inlet. I don't intend on doing much tweaking once it's installed.

Depends on where you live. If you live in a place like Vegas or Houston, I'd go with the intercooler. You might also be interested in spending 1/5th the price and going with a test pipe.

Last edited:
i seem to have started a popular thread... lol... thanks again to everyone for their help, comments, questions and information. this answered the questions i had about the product. i did however purchase the Cobb AP. just because i want to eventually go big turbo so i figure i mite as well just get the cobb now. the hypertech seems great for the average modder tho.

This is a fantastic thread and needs to keep going. I've never been an "early adopter" of anything when it comes to my cars, letting people with more money and more time do all the homework before I commit to anything... but this device has me interested.

For my MS6, I am interested in a PnP tuning solution with OTS tunes, and had figure the AP StgII +93 would be the most aggressive I'd ever go with... but the posted results from the HyperTech seems to be on par or superior to the AP. And I really like the detail that I'm being given and the willingness of the company to release detail to the level that's being given.

I'll be back from this 8month cruise here in a few weeks, and my first order of business (aside from the wife giving birth) is to install the pile of parts I've amsassed and buy whatever tuning device I settle on. The AP was a no-brainer until I started reading this thread... but my mind might be changed.

Keep in mind, you cannot custom tune the hypertech like you can the Cobb AP. That is a huge reason I will stick with my AP over the hypertech.

If hypertech released software allowing custom tuning, I would consider it.

It's a DD... and it's the wife's primarily. There is a huge market for guys who want to "fix" a few issues and turn the car into something "the factory should have sold". A bit more midrange along with getting the thing to pull above 5500rpm takes care of 99% of the issues I have with the car. The clutch is the other thing, and there are solutions for that as well.

I hate the factory wheels too... a b**** to clean and only moderately aesthetically pleasing. I'm definitely upgrading to RX8 5-spokes the next time I need tires.

It's a DD... and it's the wife's primarily. There is a huge market for guys who want to "fix" a few issues and turn the car into something "the factory should have sold". A bit more midrange along with getting the thing to pull above 5500rpm takes care of 99% of the issues I have with the car. The clutch is the other thing, and there are solutions for that as well.

I hate the factory wheels too... a b**** to clean and only moderately aesthetically pleasing. I'm definitely upgrading to RX8 5-spokes the next time I need tires.

I also saw that you said the most aggressive tune you would run would be a Stage 2 map. I believe Hypertech said they do not off a tune for a vehicle with a downpipe (or testpipe I'm assuming).

I like the look of the stock wheels, but they are so HEAVY.

I have been told by hypertech that the tuner should work with a downpipe none the less. I will have my DP installed by this weekend if all goes as planned.

Got my Hypertech installed today. Two things are instantly noticable. With the throttle position limiter removed, the launch is great. The pull from 5000 to 6000 RPM's is also much harder. I like it! I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I plan to update to the Corksport Power Series intake and airbox when the Hypertech update is available. That, combined with my Forge BPV, will be the extent of any engine mods.

Got my Hypertech installed today. Two things are instantly noticable. With the throttle position limiter removed, the launch is great. The pull from 5000 to 6000 RPM's is also much harder. I like it! I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I plan to update to the Corksport Power Series intake and airbox when the Hypertech update is available. That, combined with my Forge BPV, will be the extent of any engine mods.

(first)

Been mailing booth sales and techsupport at Hypertech but still no answer from Hypertech if this device will fit the non usdm versions of Mazdaspeed...

Does anyone here know the answer?

Can we in Europe use one of these programmers in our cars?

Best regards from sunny Sweden

//Niclas Swahn

Niclas,

We haven't been able to get our hands on a European model yet, so I can't answer that question. We need to see PCM and the calibrations. If the engines or emission systems are different from US models, we will have to get a car to tune it.

Thanks.

Quick question,
Have the aftermarket intake maps been released?
And would there be aftermarket exhaust maps also?

Thanks.

Back