NEMOC Random BS Thread

bagel.jpg

Corksport is good people.

You probably do want to either resurface rotors or get new rotors. There are some $60-ish/ea Centric blanks at Zeckhausen Racing. Don't pay extra for slotted rotors.

just got home from working on my car most the day. my friend ordered and bought my inner tie rods for me, and i already had the outers, which have a lifetime warrentee.

sooo we set about doing that. the inners were SHOT and the outers didn't look too good either. worked on it pretty much non stop from 3pm till 10pm, then took her for a test drive...

OMG.

OMFG, my car can TURN. I can't wait to have a sway bar again.

dead outer:
4577_505591724055_108400085_30099346_6366491_n.jpg

dead inner and outer:
4577_505595217055_108400085_30099515_8025565_n.jpg

yay big ass wrench:
4577_505595232025_108400085_30099516_932762_n.jpg

s***, how big is that wrench? you can whack somebody in the head with that thing and the brains will splatter all the way to the south shore

1.5 inches I think, don't remember. close to 30 mmm whatever that is...worked well to take off the inners attached to the rack.

Mmmmmm tie rods....and I'm stripping....paint that is. No way I was going to sand down the entire hood. It was a complete mess. Need to pickup some more though. Ran out with what I had left.

I don't have any big tools, but my dad and I collect really large engine parts. Here's a connecting rod from what we think is a diesel locomotive...

3192901358_6770e1cc61.jpg

Yeah, we do look rather similar. I just hope I don't inherit the Timko midsection though...

Driving on Rt9 + Racoon walking in front of your car = 1 less Racoon in the world = James' car needs some bodywork.... This is turning out to be quite the week, FML
- James' Facebook... Ouch!

Corksport is good people.

You probably do want to either resurface rotors or get new rotors. There are some $60-ish/ea Centric blanks at Zeckhausen Racing. Don't pay extra for slotted rotors.

I usually don't resurface. If the rotor is ok, straight but not badly groved then just change the pads, they will seat in. If the rotors are suspect then change them out. I gave up on fancy rotors, just get normal blanks and paint the hats.

Hahaha. Yeah, there's definitely no doubt on who my father is. LOL. That means I can look forward to being just as grey as he is by the time I hit his age (45).

Well... I already have quite a bit of grey that gets hidden by a hat usually. I'm already well on my way! Hahaha.

Back