How-To: Home Depot (HD) Lip

Crap. Working overtime at the firehouse today, so I figured I'd get this done today. Stopped at HD on the way in and they didn't have the 2 1/4" hard plastic lip, just a 2" soft foam lip. I test-fitted it and it just didn't look right; the crease was not angled sharp enough and it basically stuck straight out. Guess I'll try again later. Or go to Lowe's.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed in the photos that most people (maybe all) seem to be using something I wouldn't describe as hard plastic---but that IS what the OP's picture says...anyway, it was really the angle I was more concerned about. It just didn't look right.

i wanna do this but im worried about driving in the snow with it and i have a CP-E FMIC would it even work? does anyone drive in the snow with it?

i have. its hanging on fine. i figured if it falls off, it was only $15...

and mine is soft foamy like material. the bag said "hard rubber" so, i think thats all the OP is getting at.

Yes, I am referencing the bag only; I don't think the OP ever refered to it that way.

Went to Lowe's when I got off shift this morning (one room of fire, started in a dryer, extension to upstairs apartment; car fire, 80's Bronco, fully involved upon arrival; couple of medical runs---thanks for asking! :) ) and found the Frost King brand used by the OP. The bag looks I dentical with the exception of the ommission of the word "hard". So, I'll try to get this done today.

i have. its hanging on fine. i figured if it falls off, it was only $15...

and mine is soft foamy like material. the bag said "hard rubber" so, i think thats all the OP is getting at.

X2

im in Montreal and we get CRAZY snow here! mine is still on.

and like wannabe said $15, im not too careful...

good luck

What's to make? Take it out of the bag, double-side tape it, press it on, cut off excess.

5 days after install, I still haven't put the screws in and it's holding tight.

Here is another pic of mine ....

autox.JPG

Haha... this is such a ghetto mod, but I have to say that it actually looks good! I'm not to keen on the idea of screwing holes in my bumper even if they wouldn't be noticeable. Props for originality!

Yeah, the fact that the "parts" came from Home Depot got a very weird stare from my wife when I told her I was debating this mod. But it definetaley looks good!!! Great job to whoever thought of this low buck great looking mod!

Same here. I scrapped pretty bad yesterday leaving a parking lot and the lip was undamaged :)

oh yeah I did the same thing well sort of, I used plexyglass to make a cheapo spliter on the front of the MSP. and just painted it to match

here's mine, I finally got a chance to do it and it wasn't that hard of an install, just took about an hour all total.

004-6.jpg

Can anyone confirm or deny that the Speed has an extra trim piece below the front bumper to attach to? I have a 6i model and the I believe a lip installed would have the same "hump" in the middle that the painted bumper has.

yes it does in the middle. look at some of the pics above and you can clearly see it.

Back