Theft

<3133T H4X0R>

Is theft and vandalism a big concern for ppl with a Mazda P. MP3? I know they look mighty good and have a sweet audio system, but i was wondering if you guys, the ppl who actualy have the car, have trouble parking anywhere without getting a broken headlight, or a b&e and wined up w/o a sound system.

I live in a relativly save and small city but I have not have had any problems yet.

Where are you from.

If crime is a problem in general in your area you might be driving a rolling billboard for a sweet stereo but it is really up to your area i guess.

I wouldn't worry. But thats just me.

No problems yet here in South Florida and I live and work by Miami. But when I get near my neighborhood I always turn my stereo down so that they don't hear that I have a good system.

Good idea i suppose...I live in a very very safe neighbourhood, but I'm a little worried about school parking, ah well...
I want to get an MP3, but the mazda dealer here doesn't have any in stock, i wonder if he could order some....humm...

I'm in Windsor Ontario Canada.

Be careful man!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine got broken into 2.5 weeks ago!!!
They stole my system, the sub, my DVD Player
and my Flipdown screen...
and what's worse: those fuckers scratched up
my dash as well!!!!!!!

TIP: First mod for an MP# is an alarm..
(i'll get mine either tomorrow or Monday,
depending on UPS...)

BE CAREFUL!

just got my alarm.....i even got the auto-page hook-up..........need it here in philly

Ok, thanks, good advice.

I was at my mazda dealership today, and in Canada, there are only 200 sold, and only one per dealership, CRAPPY!!!!!! The owner managed to get two, don't ask me how, but he sold one, and is keeping the other for himself, says he is putting a turbo in it...

my dealershit got 3 of them. then again they got the first one like 4 months before we got ours, it was for a mazda exec. so I got a first hand looks of the car like 4 months before I actually got it. yes, I am cool for that.

enry (coming at you straight from milan italy and I hate these italian keyboards)

Just out of curiosity... you guys say that your putting in an alarm in the car, mine came with an alarm. Didn't yours???

mine came with just the remote control locks..they tried to sell me an alarm at the dealer for like $600..I went to an alarm shop here and got it installed instead..for $300

well, the bastards got me. i went to houston this weekend to celebrate my birthday. when i woke up this morning my car had been broken into. the z919, the sub, my pager for my fire department, and $3 were gone. my dash is also all knicked up and the carbon fiber trim is cracked. happy birthday to me. i just hope i can get the dash and trim replaced, too.
:(

the worse news is: your insurance will
only cover the stereo up to 500$
and that won't last for all the stuff
they took :(
I got another screen in my car today.
After the first one got stolen like 3 weeks ago!!!!!

IF I CATCH YOU ****** BASTARDS THAT BREAK INTO
ALL THESE CARS HERE IN HOUSTON U BETTER BE RUNNIN'!!!!!!!
Sorry, but the 2000 bucks they yook out of my car are a lot of money for a college student :( and my damn insurance (yes, Allstae, i mean you!!!) won't pay!

I got the dealer alarm with mine and the damn thing is sensitive.. very sensitive!! If a car drives by that is too loud, it beeps, if a cars stereo is too loud, it beeps, if my cats get on it, it beeps(yes, finally maybe the little bastards will stay off the cars), if you look at it wrong, it beeps, If I turn my alarm on when I go to class, at least a few times a week, I have to run out of the class and turn it off.

my was broken into on my sons birthday stole my sub, headunit, and ****** up my dash. Isurance is replacing everything. i just have to pay my 500 deductable. they even cut my wires it is 1,000 alone. all in all damage and stereo came do 4,000..

your insurance company should cover the whole cost of everything. if they are only going to give you 500 for the headunit found out where they are getting that price at. becuase they are suppose to insure what ever is in your car for the cost to get it back to what it was. i go through progressive and havnt had any problems, but im getting my car fixed at mazda.

my insurance said they are paying whatever it costs to replace the stuff that came with the car. i hope they don't change their minds when they get the prices! :eek:

Those ******' rat bastards, poor sons a bitches that can't aford their own s*** hit my Tuesday morning. Scratched up my steering wheel, my passenger door panel, the dash, and the carbon fiber cover. Didn't get my CD player though, dumb asses, got the sub and about $1200 in CD's that of course insurance isn't covering. Luckily I have about 90% of my CD's ripped to mp3's on my computer. Insurance should be covering everything after the $250 deductible. Ain't life a b**** when you can't have anything nice without little poor bastards ******' with it. If you can't tell, pretty disappointed in how ppl are still acting considering what is going on in the world today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh ya, and by the way, I'm getting the Crimestopper Super Pager II installed on my car this week. It looks to be a pretty phat setup. Remote and pager in one with a LCD screen read out.

Back