U tell me....the new 6 or MS-P

6 vs MS-P

• MS-P

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • the New 6

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
So which one should i go with...there is a girl in this town that i chill in that is goin to get the new MS-P in BLK (the one i want)....and i cant stand to have this girl that i know to have the same car, so i may go with the new 6....i am undecided.....what do u guys think

either get the orange one, or convince her that you want the black and she should get the orange one. then, hook-up with her and go cruz-in. :D

yeah i tried to convince her to get the orange or even take my car...lol..but she wanted th blk one,,i guess i will have to deal wit it, and when i get it i will just have to do uprades REALLY quick....bigger exhaust etc...

Sounds like you already made your decision. ;) If I were you, and I am, I'd wait for Mazdaspeed to do a special edition of the 6. I haven't heard about any as of yet, but it's obvious it will happen. That and the Mazdaspeed RX-8. OOOOOO I just got a chill.

see that is the thing...i cant stand waiting...i even tried pushin all the dlrs in my area to just garuntee me a MS-P in blk...and i will be straight...so i am very close to just turboing the s*** outta my mp3 with the major internals forged and puttin my own LSD in the car...i can do it but i dunno if i should wait on the MS-P....i am jsut a confused kid...:mad:

Cheer up NYCZMP3! Yes waiting sucks...but...you'll be waiting in a kickass MP3. Plus the fact is that either way you'll be in a Turbo Protege! If I were you I'd just install the LSD and axles from the mazdaspeed. They're basically the same cars. Unless you REALLY like all the little differences like wheels, shifter, pedals, etc. I think you'd be replacing that tiny ass turbo and intercooler anyway right? That's just my opinion though.

personally, i wouldn't even want the mazdaspeed, after having my car only a month. i'd take a hit on the trade, and WOULD replace the whole turbo setup anyway...plus i like blue.hehe...anyhow, if you think you can wait, then wait...if not, then start buildin that turbo!.(scratch)

i myself am waiting for the mazdaspeed protege. i dont plan on replacing anything, but i do plan on adding stuff to it. i guess its just that i dont like to "race" or drive fast. i just want to know that i can....or something.

Mazda6

i love my pro5 and i think the MSP is kick ass, but with the six it is bigger, more room, V6 over 200hp with a 5 speed..... i think the numbers speak for themselves. i would love to have a 6 for cruising, and leave the fun to my Pro5! but its all up to you. if you dont want to spend the money get the MSP.

url]

well if you dont want a MS-P because some girl in your town is getting one then the 6 wont really be a solution to your problem. If you get the 6 that one girl might not have one like you, but 20 soccer moms around town would. Its a badass looking car, but it is regular production, attractive, and mazda is gonna push the hell out of it to get it back in the midsize sedan market.....the mazdaspeed 6? yea, now ur talkin. AWD and probably200+hp from the v6. This is just guessing here, but this IS the rumors forum. I dont think it is worth the wait for the 6. Someone told me we might see a mazdaspeed 6 as soon as next winter, but expect it to be in the 30+ price range so it is competitive with similar cars, and I dont tihnk it will be out for quite some time, i expect the mazdaspeed miata first and dont really imagine they are gonna be cranking these new ltd editions out every cple months. And if I personally was waiting a few years for a model to come out, it would be the rumored new rx7

Another thought

Something else to think about... The Mazda 6 will be at 218hp, factory... yes, I know, you can do more... But... looking at the history of the engine, it is a ford engine. A good one, but still ford. It's gone from somewhere around the 160 range, and tuned to 200, now to 218... I'm not sure how much more you'd want to squeeze out of it... I could be way off base here, but I think you may be hard pressed to find many mods for that engine. And the engine comes from a Ford. Did I mention that?

well that was the deciding factor right there....i amnot buying a ford engine...NO NO...i dont even think i am gonna get the MSP...i may just try to have some fun wth the MP3...

dude, what are you talkin about, there are mad mods out there for the taurus, that is like the biggest tuner car :rolleyes:

whats wrong with ford engines? ive seen f150s go over 150k with no problems, from what i know, my neighbor has a 93 mustang and his well over 200k...oh and its a v6. like every car company out there, ford has had their fair share of flukes. still, mazdaspeed.

FORD IS A FLUKE...they make great trucks...(or so i hear)....but i will never buy a ford product....i will admit i bout a 93 t-bird supercoupe but hey it was only $500...hehe...i dont even think i am gonna get the mazdaspeed right now....appearently i bought a car that had been "repainted"...the entire rear end!!!!!!!! .:eek...ths is what a dlr told me wheni brought the car in for a trade...u know what they offered me???...8k...: (omg) ...i bought the car with 26 miles on it never had an accident at all!!!! that was such a (nuts) ....i was gonna cry....i got soo ad...got my lawyer and called mazdausa and my dlr spoke with the GM of the dlr and let them know that they sold me a BRAND NEW car that had repair....so it wasn;t BRAND NEW AT ALLL!!!!!!!...so if i try and get the MSP right now with this trade in it will be a 25k protege.....>HELLLLLL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!:bs:...so going back to stock so they can sort this s*** out...i am gonna have them keep the car for a week and not give it back to me until everything in the car is running smoooth...now i just got a call from the dlr and they said there was never a problem with the car, nver been painted....so now......>WHAT THA HELL IS GOIN ON...i htink a dlr is tryin to pull a fast one....

Last edited:
FORD

personally i would never buy a full ford car because most of them have so many recalls its not funny. the tarus alone has over 1200 recall notices. ford does not build s*** engines though i do have to say. however they certainly need to improve on their 4 cyl engines. and i do not beleive it is the same v-6 as in the tarus, i hope not. the v-6 in the 6 is a DOHC engine, the tarus is not. and yes there are a ton of mods for the car because of the SHO. nad why would someone want to mod a piece of crap anyway is beyond me. that car is no where near sport inspired.

a friend of mine had a tarus and it is still going. but he had so many problems with that thing it was unbelievable. i had an 86 Celebrity and i had less problems then his 93 tarus. the only ford cars that i am remotely impressed with is the Contour, Lincoln LS and the late Probe. but... the LS is basically an S-Type, and the Probe IS mostly Mazda. I dont have alot of confidence in my American brothers sadly.

the only thing i would consider buying from ford is a V-8 crate engine. and thats that. the only thing american car companies now how to build are large cars.

If it's that important, just buy the MSP in whatever color and have it painted.
Otherwise wait for the 6; if the Ford sourced V6 bothers you, get the I4. If that's not enought power, you can either wait for a MazdaSpeed kit, go aftermarket, or get the MazdaSpeed 6.

Back