Canada: automatic headlights??

3Zoom3

:
2004 Mazda3 5-door
Canada has to have DRLs,right? Do you folks have auto-on/ auto-off headlights???
Sure would like them on my USA version.... I guess my last couple of cars spoiled me that way (Toyotas).
Jeff

Yeah, but do your lights turn off and on automatically on the MZ3? Was thinking of getting the part to fit to my USA model so headlights will turn off when I turn the car off....

When you say "auto-on" you mean the feature that will turn the lights on if it's dark out? Yes, we do have it.

Yeah, that would work. I was thinking more of just being able to leave the headlight "switch" in the "on" position all of the time, but the car would have a sensor which would automatically turn the lights "off" when the ignition was turned off. Hope that makes sense...

Yup, that's how I have mine setup. I keep it on auto and never touch the lighting control except to throw the high-beams on.

Coool, sounds like what I'm looking for. Now the hard part: anyone know a part number, a parts source, or any other info that will help me locate one??
Thank you VERY much.
Jeff, Ohio

3Zoom3 said:
Coool, sounds like what I'm looking for. Now the hard part: anyone know a part number, a parts source, or any other info that will help me locate one??
Thank you VERY much.
Jeff, Ohio

I think it'll be pretty hard to retrofit. But here's what you need:

- the turn-stalk that has an 'auto' indicator (this step not so hard)
- the light sensor. The light sensor is mounted on the front windshield just above the rear-view mirror. On the US version, you should see some sort of pattern in the windshield just above the rear-view mirror (this is where the light sensor is to be mounted. This would be the hard step because of all the wiring that would be required (I'd imagine you'd have to take apart and examine a Canadian-model before you could connect the wires on your US-model).

Yes the canadian cars have auto headlights (on-off) and auto wipers with varible speed that actually works.

I have to admit I am quite impressed with some of the features on this car especially for the money...

digi168 said:
Yes the canadian cars have auto headlights (on-off) and auto wipers with varible speed that actually works.

I have to admit I am quite impressed with some of the features on this car especially for the money...

digi168, can you explain exactly the auto-wipers are operated?

Once the wiper-stalk is flicked down to 'auto', there's a dial with a '<' arrow. Do you move that up/down to change the auto-wiper sensitivity (or is this a variable-time delay that works on a timer instead of the sensor)?

This probably didn't come out totally clear but I'm sure you know what I'm asking about. Thanks.

there's a dial like for your usual intermittent wipers but in the auto rain case it adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. Middle is normal. Turned all the way up is for less sensibility and all the way down for maximum sensor sensibility.

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust when the auto headlights on my speed3 GT auto on and off. I was just driving through the rain, and it was pretty dark out and the auto headlights weren't turning on. If it were a car I had to turn on the headlights for they definetly would have been on, they eventually came on but it took till pretty dam dark. Any ideas
?
Tom

i got a 93 mx 6 and i am getting 3 positives into the headlights when one suppose to be negative and every time i put my lights on the wipers go on and same happens when i put the handbreak down. but no lights come on. when this is happening the headlight indicator and the right hand signal lits up on the dash? weird(confused). everything else is working fine. Can anyone help me?

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust when the auto headlights on my speed3 GT auto on and off. I was just driving through the rain, and it was pretty dark out and the auto headlights weren't turning on. If it were a car I had to turn on the headlights for they definetly would have been on, they eventually came on but it took till pretty dam dark. Any ideas
?
Tom

We cant change the sensitivity of the auto-headlights. Only the Auto-Wipers. Pretty gay.. my 96 Taurus had headlight sensitivity adjustments.

Dont know if its the same for the 3 as it is the 6, but my 6(US Version) with HIDs goes off automatically once i turn the ignition off after a certain amount of time so you dont drain the battery.

Back