Painting Break Pads?

U

Unwritten04

Has anyone done this yet? I saw a picture of a yellow P5 with red brake pads. It looked pretty cool. Will the paint stay on that type of part? :eek:

I have painted my brake calipers, you just need to buy some high heat paint, there is specialty paints (brake caliper paints) yeah, its acctually pretty easy to do

I finished mine up about 20 minutes ago, the hardest part is masking everything up so that you don't get the disc. But I also found out that any surface that you didn't want painted can easily be removed with a scrubby pad. Just make sure you clean your caliper well before applying, I forgot that part.

Originally posted by Unwritten04:
<STRONG>Has anyone done this yet? I saw a picture of a yellow P5 with red brake pads. It looked pretty cool. Will the paint stay on that type of part? :eek:</STRONG>

You mean calipers, right?

Its very easy to do I didn't even mask off the rotors I was just really carefull. Be sure that you put your car on blocks and do all the wheels at once b/c the brake caliper paint is a 2 part epoxy and will harden fairly quickly. The only down side is that you can't drive your car for 24hrs to allow for full hardening.

Sincerely,
Pauly
02' Pro5

ummm, i don't understand why everyone is paranoid about getting the paint on the rotors, its just gonna get scraped off under braking, right?

It is possible that you saw red brake pads, but I would not suggest painting them. These brake pads are aftermarket, I have seen them in superstreet I think. My boyfriend has green ones on his Civic Si.

Originally posted by High5:
<STRONG>It is possible that you saw red brake pads, but I would not suggest painting them. These brake pads are aftermarket, I have seen them in superstreet I think. My boyfriend has green ones on his Civic Si.</STRONG>

Yup they're called "greenstuff" they stop really well.

I have a set of them on my Miata. As soon as the ones on my P5 wear down, i'll definitely throw a set on it. They are the best pads i've ever used!

Painted mine yesterday,they are Red and Glow in the dark :cool: I would post the pics if I could figure out how :confused:. Can someone help :(

where did you get glow in the dark paint. is it for calipers or just regular paint. does it look cool at night? has anyone ever seen GT racing at night when their discs glow with all the heat braking creates. wouldn't it be sweet if we could get that on a street car?

I made it my self, but I need to know if anyone else is interested. That would drive the cost.

I got some red high temp paint to do my calipers, but I was told that I should remove them for painting seeing as how it's dangrous topaint them while on. And about the paint on the rotors being warn off by breaking, that my be really bad for you rotor and pads seeing as how it's high temp paint and may adhear to the pads. I dunno... Can anyone post pics of in process of painting theres with the calipers on?

jcilforever - email to me and i will upload and post.
pthree@diversionmary.com

Hi Everyone,

I got a Yellow P5 Two weeks ago. Since we had a 65 Degree day in South Jersey, I took the day off and painted my calipers Red. This was the first time doing this, and only thing that I have done to this car so far, and I am soooo happy with how they came out. I thought this car looked hot before, but NOW...I just look in the driveway and have an instant ear to ear smile! I used high temp spray paint, upon the reccommendation of one of the guys at an aftermarket auto shop. It wasnt those two part epoxy things, just simple spray paint. It's probably not the best looking brake spray paint job out there, but I think it's good enough. I just had to post and share my thoughts on how easy it was, and how great it looks now!

Congrad Craig on your first mod on the car.

Gotta see how it looks considering I'm in Jersey more than PA.

Mike

pthree

I have been traveling but you should have those pics in your mailbox
:eek:

All u have to do is get some high heat paint and your good to go. I have the red P5 and the shoes on her are white so im gonna go with the yellow paint for the calipers. Simple mod at a inexpensive price. Happy hunting! :D :D

Back