Trouble matching Snowflake White Pearl on 2018 CX-5

tcaron20

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring
Recently had a body shop replace my rear bumper but the paint is a noticeably brighter white than the original. Front bumper matches fine so it is not the plastic taking paint differently issue.
Body shop wants to get it right and is mixing the paint to Mazda specs but it is still off. Appears to be a regular problem.

Anyone experience this and find a solution?

Thanks,

Tom

Comes down to the individual(s) performing the job. I've had this issue before at least twice.

Painter needs to paint match the car and not use the Mazda formulate as the final step. That takes a very experienced individual. Ed

Got work done on our snowflake white CX-5 years ago after a parking lot booth pole hit our car. Matched perfectly and cannot notice difference. It was a local reputable auto/body shop.

Thanks for the response CX-5um. Could you share the name and contact info for the repair shop?

Thanks,

Tom

We had a new front bumper cover installed on our Machine Gray CX5 by a body shop I have used before with great results. The first paint job the body shop did was off (see pic below)

20180507-161250.jpg

They were not happy at all with the outcome so they called PPG. PPG sent some "experts" to the shop and showed them how to mix and apply the Mazda multistage paint. The repaint came out 100% perfect. You may want to approach your body shop and see if they can get some assistance from PPG.

20180511-163040-HDR.jpg

Back