2018 CX-5 Instrument Cluster Interface

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
I drive a 2018 CX-5 GT. I was looking at the Mazda US website(https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-5/gallery), and I noticed the instrument cluster interface is different from mine. I don't remember having an option with "a car on a compass". The gas gauge looks different, so is the icon for lane keep assist.

I have attached a photo of my car and the picture from the website to compare. I wonder why they are different. Which interface does your 2018 CX-5 have?

On website:
Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 1.27.50 AM.png

Mine:
My CX-5.png

The website one appears to be for lower spec model.

I have the top spec Akera here in Australia which is the equivalent to your GT and mine is the same as yours.

Nothing to worry about :)

I agree. That instrument display shot would be from the Sport or Touring model. I have a CX5 GT with the active driving display, so the lane drifting monitor, blind spot sensor, speed sign recognition, and MPH are all part of the HUD. So on the physical display, I have the compass, engine temp, distance to empty, outside temp, and the fuel gauge, and pressing the info buttons gives you additional options. (cool)

Last edited:
I can display either of those options in my '17 GT.
Simply press the "Info" button on your steering wheel to cycle between options (including a couple of others).

As Turborascal suggests, just toggle through the info button on the steering wheel, and you'll get all the different screens.
The one you posted from your car shows the distance setting for the adaptive cruise control. (I set mine to the minimum distance. Yours is set at max.)
The one from the Mazda site shows the compass.

If memory serves, doesn't having a compass appear on that screen indicate no sat nav in the CX-5 (scratch)

If memory serves, doesn't having a compass appear on that screen indicate no sat nav in the CX-5 (scratch)

On the infotainment screen; yes.
On the instrument cluster screen; at least in my GT, can be the compass or three other displays.

Press the button in on the steering wheel. You have different options. Trip, compass, radar assist. (At least in my US GT)

Back