So am I just an idiot for not figuring this out before?

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
5 years of just leaving the gas cap dangling when filling up. And yet all this time, the solution was right there.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't know this.

ab47d592229bf26f2cc22a7ef9c0c1d4.jpg

Bwahahahaha!

A lot of car companies do this and alot of people don't know. Don't feel TOO bad. [emoji41]

(lol)

Well chock that up to something new I learned yeaterday I suppose.

(rofl)

VW has it too in fact the only cars I owned in the past decade that didn’t also didn’t have a gas cap.

Perhaps an eye test is required? (breakn)

5 years of just leaving the gas cap dangling when filling up. And yet all this time, the solution was right there.

It's okay CD, we like you anyway. My SO has a Buick and I've had a recent Chevy rental and neither of those had a holder, was crazy to me

It's never too late to learn something new :D

Isn’t there a Facebook page - I saw somebody not using their purpose made gas cap holder today? ;-)

Make sure the gascap holder is clean before you put the cap on it.

And I'm still waiting for Mazda to add some spring-loaded mechanism to the gas door keeping it open while we're pumping gas. I hate to see the gas door flapping around hitting the fuel pump gun when the wind is strong!

I have never had that problem.
Hail as big as softballs...wind knocking your fuel door around. Man...**** Texas. [emoji16][emoji23]🤣

We have periods of very intense wind here.

My gas cover doesn't go swinging around.

I went years before I learned the arrow next to the gas pump dash icon points to where the filler is.

Back