CX5 Leather seats

Daved59

:
2016 Mazda CX5 GT
Happy New Years everyone !

I just purchased a new 2016 CX5 GT a few days ago and my question is do the leather seats become softer over time ?

Thanks

I just purchased a new 2016 CX5 GT a few days ago and my question is do the leather seats become softer over time ?

Thanks
Are you referring to the Leather becoming softer, or the foam padding underneath the leather becoming softer?

Thanks

Welcome and congrats! I had a similar question post-purchase and there are a few other threads re: leather seat comfort and firmness. Mine seem to be getting softer, or my body is also adjusting (it has been a longer process than I had anticipated). What exactly are you experiencing?

My seats were about as soft as concrete for the first month or so. They have softened considerably in the 9 months since.

I have found the cloth seats to be rather firm. I have noted that American vehicles have typically softer and larger seats than Japanese vehicles. The exception being the SRT products from Chrysler. I am not huge by any means, but I don't fit in SRT seats (shoulder width, I can't lean back in them, my shoulders prevent it).

Back