2014 Mazda6 wagon

Jcanracer

:
CX5 Sport 6spd
Forgive me if its been posted already, but check out this gorgeous 2014 mazda6:

original.jpg

more info here

If they bring that wagon to the USA, I might trade the CX5 for one in a few years...

i want that with a diesel engine and manual tranny to replace our mazda5.

Skyactiv 2.5L and 6spd would be my choice personally.
Still not sure if the wagon will come to the states, US market always fights the adoption of wagons... not sure why.
I had actually wanted a wagon, but settled for the CX5 which was the closest driving experience to a non-suv.

I'm like most Americans and prefer the higher chair-height seating position/ride height (for aggressive driving in common heavy urban/suburban traffic and better comfort too), the extra space (resulting from boxy tall profile) and extra clearance (for driving in snow) of a SUV versus a sleeker wagon.

Now that is a beautiful wagon for sure, we've seen it already on the new Mazda6 thread.

Me too, I missed the original Mazda6 wagon and I really liked that vehicle. This one looks awesome. Maybe I'll have to give my CX-5 to my wife to get one of these!

Sort of looks like my CX7 squished down about 10 inches :)) Looks very nice but, not sure the American public is ready to go back to wagons yet. I like the visibility of my CX7.

Sort of looks like my CX7 squished down about 10 inches :)) Looks very nice but, not sure the American public is ready to go back to wagons yet. I like the visibility of my CX7.

Yep, in US market crossover SUV's easily outsell wagons by a huge margin and one main reason is exactly what you mentioned (extra height for easier driving in all too common heavy traffic conditions).

"Kajiyama elaborated that a crossover model would take precedence over a two-door coupe, despite rumors that a coupe is being highly considered." That's kind of sad, although it's too early to really know.

As ugly and as poor-selling as the the X6 is in the US market, it actually sells well in other lucrative markets worldwide.

^ Now we are talking, yeah a super sport sedan.....

I wanted a wagon too, still have our 99 A4 Avant, but all new wagons, Q and X series from Audi and BMW are sloppy paddle shifters

VW: no more passat wagons, so my only choice is VW sportswagon or CX5 that comes with manual.

All subi wagons are CVT's except the small Impreza

I would buy this Mazda6 wagon 2.0 or 2.5L in 6sp over CX5, but too bad they can't sell enough wagons in US. I guess I'll be ok w/ Cx5 manual

The whole reason why we can't have the good wagons in the US (Legacy wagon, v70, Fusion wagon, 6 wagon) is due to the crazy CAFE/EPA classification that car based CUV (Venza, Outback, CX5, XC70) are considered trucks and allow the manufacturers to meet the regulations. US consumers would buy wagons but the manufacturers can meet their fleet averages by selling "trucks".

Back