Ordering a new CX-5 to be shipped to US from Japan

mazdalooker

:
2013 CX-5 AWD Touring
Hello all! Would anyone happen to know how long it takes (on average) for a CX-5 to be shipped from the factory in Japan to the United States? Through some so-called "miscommunication", the CX-5 I was supposed to receive two days ago has now been pushed back to mid-June.

Also, is it true that if I were to order a specific color and/or trim CX-5 that is not available at the dealer I would have to wait a couple of months to get one having my exact specifications?

I get the feeling that the dealer just wants to confuse me to the point where I will quickly cave and purchase a car available on the lot instead.

Mine is a factory order and I ordered mine at the end of April and I was told it would be around August.

If the dealer does not have one spec'd to your requirements coming it will take time. I found that few dealers are willing to swap vehicles unless your dealer can supply a similar one in a trade. The demand seems pretty good so dealers are not quire as willing to do swaps unless they can replace with a similar model. My dealer ran up against this and I ended up waiting a few weeks until the one he had already ordered (that met my requirements) came in.

My GT with Tech was ordered on April 24th, and I was told at the time "July delivery". And while I'm waiting, the Mazda interest rates are going up...

My GT with Tech was ordered on April 24th, and I was told at the time "July delivery". And while I'm waiting, the Mazda interest rates are going up...

Mazda has no incentive to offer a lower interest rate on a hot selling car. You can get cheaper from a bank probably. Kia had 2.9 for 60 months going for my wifes car but the dealer got me 2.65 for 66 months with a different bank. Manufacturers only do low apr offers to help sell cars and there is no need to help the sales of the cx5. They sell themselves.

if the car has not been built yet, and the dealer doesn't have one allocated to your requests, figure two to three months for a factory order.

Mazda has no incentive to offer a lower interest rate on a hot selling car. You can get cheaper from a bank probably. Kia had 2.9 for 60 months going for my wifes car but the dealer got me 2.65 for 66 months with a different bank. Manufacturers only do low apr offers to help sell cars and there is no need to help the sales of the cx5. They sell themselves.

Yes, Mazda has no need to subsidize rates or offer below market rates on CX-5.

In US, credit unions beat bank rates, actual example being CEFCU credit union new car rate at 1.99% for 60 months, (sometimes they run promotions at 1.99% for 72 months).

Ordered or CX-5 GT on May 18 and picked it up from the dealer on July 21. Once it was ordered, it about 10 to 14 days to get confirmation of the VIN. The dealer had told me it would be about six weeks or so from the day the VIN was confirmed, and he was spot on.

Back