More toys for the 2

Nice upgrades. The front strut bar is very nice. Do you know when it will be ready for a series production? (hear ya) I would like to see more pics.

P.S.: Why the Mazda is injured?

That exhaust looks sweet! That's next on my list for sure!

Any idea how the corksport strut bar compares to the AutoEXE one?

I'm looking forward to the release of the exhaust... ANy dyno numbers yet?

So with the cat-delete pipe, will the exhaust system throw a check engine light? If so, will there be a cat back version?

The tower brace should be ready for sale in January. My Mazda 2 received some damage from road debris. I will have a post up about it soon with a video of the incident as well.

As for a comparison to the AutoExe brace we havent tried.

We will get the 2 back on the dyno soon to get the power numbers from the exhaust. There is no check engine light with the installation of the exhaust system. There is a cat back version as well.

-Derrick

Oh I like that flared exhaust tip. The chrome tip on the Touring is almost depressing in that it simply highlights how small the pipe is. I'm eager to see final pictures and stats. Will install require cutting, like on the 3, or are we looking at a bolt job?

We just bought a 2 so between the 2 and the 3 I expect to be putting in more Corksport orders :) And thanks so much for doing the aluminum splash guard, I can't wait to get that installed.

Last edited:
The test system show in the blog can be installed without cutting if you use the racepipe. If you want to keep the second catalyst you will have to cut the exhaust after the second cat and use a compression fitting which will be supplied with the exhaust.

-Derrick

Will the car still meet CDN emissions standards with the cat delete pipe as on your test car?

The first cat remains intact yes? Assuming fewer horses from the catback?

Just got my H&R lowering springs from you guys for Xmas (should arrive on Thursday!) so the intake, front tower strut bar and now the exhaust are next up!

Cool. Parts look real good. Its nice to see development for this car. I think its gonna be a big hit.

Back