Intake problems

Johnny30

Hey there guys. my name is Johnny and i recently got my hands on a mazda 3 hatchback and im loving it but i need your help. Bare with me i new to the whole car scene but i find mods to be very fun.. im very much a do it yourself kind of guy so ive been a forum ***** looking to fix my car up myself for cheap.. well anyways to the problem at hand.. I made a intake.. just steel piping and pvc hose clamps.. im sure some if not all of you guys have tried or read into this mod.. Its very fun but i hit a bump.. i removed the air box and resinator or whatever its called.. installed the intake and its all 2 1/2" piping.. started the car it idled for maybe 1-2 sec then died.. if i give it gas to try to keep it going it bogs then dies.. i was told by a very car savvy amigo that it maybe because i used a 3" pipe piece for the MAF sensor.. it was some adapter piece i found at kragen... anyways he said the sensor is set to read in a 2 1/2" pipe like the stock size.. anybody have some insight on my problem? i no i can just buy an intake but like i said im really loving the do it yourself mods (attn)(attn).. and also anybody have and other mod suggestions you found fun? im open to anything.. i believe theres not better way to understand your own car but by working on it yourself..

Wrong section - this is for How-To solutions not questions. Try Forced Induction section.

Back