Is it safe to buy tire and wheels online?

Talbot

:
2007 Carbon Gray Pearl Acura TSX/Navi
I was wondering how many of you have bought wheels and tires online before?

I want to buy a package that I saw online that I like and the local discount tire and other places dont have it, but I am worried that I will have problems. And do they usually have warranties and the such.

I like discount tire because you can get free replacement certificates and rotating and balancing.

Thanks

Oh, I will buy brand new. I just want a warranty and will be assured to know that if something happens to the tire or rim that I can use the warranty without much hassle.

i hate tire rack(bunch a ******* stuck up *****). i have puchased all tires and rims from dicount tire direct. A++ nothing but help from them guys

iracemine said:
i hate tire rack(bunch a ******* stuck up *****). i have puchased all tires and rims from dicount tire direct. A++ nothing but help from them guys
Tirerack.com has always been good to me.

Well I have looked at tirerack.com, wheelsnext, edgeracing.com andsome others.

SwampAss said:
I've bought 8 sets new online from Tire Rack and Edge racing. Never a single issue.
beside the fact that you've bought 8 sets of wheels and tires... lol(2thumbs)

I know you said you wernt going to buy used but its not safe. you wouldent buy used brake pads would you? tires and rims are a wear product. you cant tell if they have a flat spot on a tire or if the bias have sperated or if a rim has a crack or a any defect of that nature. Thats why your looking for the two major online stores... warrintee. tire rack online is ok, I just have had 100% irrataion with the phone help. If I wasent going stock or what they think is "correct" they would get fisty with me so why bother. I have purchased tires in the past from the online service, and they would be here in two days. not bad but im just buying stockers. Discount tire direct is awsome. Ill talk to them for 10 min or an hour, theis guys help me with sizing tires on rims or fitting them on to my car. never charged for shipping. never give me hard time telling me what I "need to do" they just have helpfull attitude and customer service is key for me, thats why I like shopping from ken at Protegegarage.com last time they helped me out and they fit and handel like a dream.......

Attachments

• Photo-0097.jpg
    Photo-0097.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Photo-0098.jpg
    Photo-0098.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 225
I've been very happy with edgeracing.com and vulcantire.com. Generally, these two have had very similar prices, and I've made my choice based on the total price with shipping.
One of those two offers a road hazzard warrenty, and we got it when we bought Ziex's for my wife's P5, 'cause she had a long commute at the time. We paid a bit extra, but when we needed to use it, they were very easy to work with.

Thanks for the input. I feel better now knowing that other people have ordered with success. I was looking at Wheelmax, good thing I made this thread.

Now I just have to choose, there are so many freakin wheel choices out there.
(wow)

i just ordered a set from bill at www.cbwheels.com

he took care of me, i ordered on a friday, and they were here the next wed. mounted and balanced. give him a call and see what he can do for you!

Talbot said:
Thanks for the input. I feel better now knowing that other people have ordered with success. I was looking at Wheelmax, good thing I made this thread.

Now I just have to choose, there are so many freakin wheel choices out there.
(wow)

whatever you do know all the wheel and tire specs of your ride before buying. I have bought from all three of the sites mentioned here and all of them advertised some packages that might not fit your car, but you wont be turn your steering wheel all the way anymore or have people in the back seat of your ride because your fenders will scrap. I mad teh mistake of ordering a package that was said to fit my car and ended up sending the rims back because the offset was too much...even though i did a search that was supposed to be car specific. Know exactly what you are buying and dont mess with stock specs unless you are sure of what you are doing.

Ill check out cbwheels.com

And thanks, I usually dont have many people in my car maybe someone in the passenger seat, but other than that just me because I don't want people to mess up my baby.

if you don't exactly see what you are looking for, just give him a call and he can look and see what he can find.

iracemine said:
I know you said you wernt going to buy used but its not safe. you wouldent buy used brake pads would you? tires and rims are a wear product. you cant tell if they have a flat spot on a tire or if the bias have sperated or if a rim has a crack or a any defect of that nature. Thats why your looking for the two major online stores... warrintee. tire rack online is ok, I just have had 100% irrataion with the phone help. If I wasent going stock or what they think is "correct" they would get fisty with me so why bother. I have purchased tires in the past from the online service, and they would be here in two days. not bad but im just buying stockers. Discount tire direct is awsome. Ill talk to them for 10 min or an hour, theis guys help me with sizing tires on rims or fitting them on to my car. never charged for shipping. never give me hard time telling me what I "need to do" they just have helpfull attitude and customer service is key for me, thats why I like shopping from ken at Protegegarage.com last time they helped me out and they fit and handel like a dream.......
(gtfo) (blah)

Back