ipod connection for ms6

marken27

:
MS6
is there a way to conncet a ipod to the stero, thers is a mieda button on the radio and i was wondering if i could use it to work the i pod and what kind of connecter i would need. right now i have a fm transmitter and i live in LA so there is static on every channel. help me please

marken27 said:
is there a way to conncet a ipod to the stero, thers is a mieda button on the radio and i was wondering if i could use it to work the i pod and what kind of connecter i would need. right now i have a fm transmitter and i live in LA so there is static on every channel. help me please

sorry to say this..but search. there are a few options available. the main ones being audiolink and the Mazda adapter

I had the dealership install the iPod adapter in my car when I first bought it. it cost an extra $230 but it is a lot easier to change the songs, etc. I don't have to look at my iPod to change anyhthing, it is all done either through my radio controls or steering wheel controls. they did a nice install job into my glove box so it stays hidden from view. good investment in my opinion

I wish I didn't leave my auxmod in the 6 when I sold it. I could've fetched a decent premium for that thing.

I have the ipod hook up from Mazda. I believe most are identical. Its a pretty easy install, just have to take the dash pieces from the cup holder out and then slide the whole stereo center console section forward. There is a good how to in the HOW -To seciont.

**Opinion on Effectiveness**

It is really a pain to figure out where you are at in your Albums/Songs/Artists section of your Ipod since NO data is displayed on the Dash Display or Ipod. All you get is the track and the play time.

I always feel like its putting $1 in a jukebox and praying to god it randomally selects the song you want to hear. It is really a pain in the ass. It plays the songs well and sounds good, but the interface is aweful.

marken27 said:

If you have Sirius hooked up the dealership cannot install the ipod adaptor. Uses the same jack (I was told), but cannot confirm this.

Jonesy32 said:
If you have Sirius hooked up the dealership cannot install the ipod adaptor. Uses the same jack (I was told), but cannot confirm this.

this is true from what i've read.

as far as the interfaces, supposedly the AudioLink is a lot easier to use because it has an option to either control it from the iPod or from the radio. i believe you have to use a sequence of buttons to switch modes though (i can't confirm this.)

wannabe said:

as far as the interfaces, supposedly the AudioLink is a lot easier to use because it has an option to either control it from the iPod or from the radio. i believe you have to use a sequence of buttons to switch modes though (i can't confirm this.)

You are correct I'm installing mine this weekend.

FYI Media button is used for NOTHING. There aren't even any wires that connect to it.

wannabe said:

Serisouly!!!!! Does anyone have an Audiolink adapter? Can you confirm this :)

I have IPOD CONNECTOR

Afroman said:
I have the ipod hook up from Mazda. I believe most are identical. Its a pretty easy install, just have to take the dash pieces from the cup holder out and then slide the whole stereo center console section forward. There is a good how to in the HOW -To seciont.

It is really a pain to figure out where you are at in your Albums/Songs/Artists section of your Ipod since NO data is displayed on the Dash Display or Ipod. All you get is the track and the play time.

I always feel like its putting $1 in a jukebox and praying to god it randomally selects the song you want to hear. It is really a pain in the ass. It plays the songs well and sounds good, but the interface is aweful.

(fight) I to feel like I fight with my Ipod...BUT I did find a way to get a song choice to stay when you plug in the ipod. With the ipod disconnected choose your song and lock into position. KNOB ON TOP and then plug in IPOD..The song will play..But then changes back if you hit NEXT

i have the audiolink here, and keep my songs on a usb thumb drive. Cheap, small, easy to use, sounds great.

see falcontx on m a z d a 6 c l u b . c o m

Where do you guys put the audiolink? Do you velcro tape it somewhere or what?

Also, can you see the song names on the radio display?

Afroman said:

Hey! I just got my MS6...awesome car! Anyway, I got the iPod adapter installed from the dealer and I don't think it's set up right. I have to push the CD option on the stereo to get it to work. I can see the mazda logo on the iPod, but it says ''Ok to dsiconnect''. And I can't change songs on the iPod, only through the stereo. But it's a pain since I have so many songs! It only skips a song at a time from the beginning on the list. Should it work from the media option on the stereo? If a CD is playing and I want to use the iPod, I have to push CD again and is starts...but if I try to skip a song, it goes back to CD. How should it work?

Thanks!

Back