Wheel / Tire specifications

brianseto

Hi all....

I'm looking to buy wheels and tires for my MS6 for the winter, and I'm trying to shop on ebay for some steelies or whatever rims (I don't even really care if the rims are OEM from another kind of car). I'm just looking to get out SUPER CHEAP, because they're just for the winter (NC winter is very mild) and for a drive to Buffalo, NY in 2 weeks.

What specs should I be looking for? What is "Aspect Ratio", "offset", and "bolt pattern?"

Basically, what will fit on an MS6 without rubbing and/or problems?

Thanks in advance
Brian

I'm in about the same boat as you. Look me up when you get to buffalo...:)

I'm in exactly the same situation is you are as far as ebay, tire rack, used, new, ect. I want to spend as LITTLE money as possible for a set of wheels and tires.

All in all, I've become utterly confused from reading the various wheel fitment thread in this board and one other board.

I keep giong back to ebay though. I keep loking for a set (4) of 17" OEM mazda 6 wheels, figuring that will pretty much assure me the wheels will fit. For tire sizes, if the auction has tires included, I'm looking for at least all season, 215/50-17 tires. Any smaller will affect the speedo even more than it already is.

We should all collaborate about the ebay auctions, it will help reduce competition on an indivual basis. There's really only one tire wheel package on ebay right now I'm looking at, with a BIN for $850 and $140 shipping. I'm not willing to go that high.

Will these fit...please respond

Hi all

I have found what seems to be a decent deal on a set of wheels and tires from another OEM on Ebay. I don't really care about them being another OEM, I just want CHEAP.

From what I can tell , they MAY fit on an MS6. I basically don't want to do a fender roll, because I'm not a car guy. Please tell me if I am wrong (i'm not an expert by any strech of the imagination)

17x7 , 52mm offset, 5x 4.5", 215/60/17

Our specs are

18x7, 60mm offset, 5x4.5", 215/45/18

Be that as it may, the rims will probably fit, right? The offset isn't THAT different, and 17x7 is OK as opposed to 18x7, right?

52mm vs. 60mm is the offset

For example, I'll go ahead and buy the dang wheels if they're cheap enough, then I'll turn around and sell the tires and buy some different ones on tirerack.

i'm looking for wheels/snowtires myself. correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the stock offset on the MS6 18" wheel +48MM? :confused: at least that's what they told me at Discount Tire

i ended up with some stock 17" wheels and blizzak 215/50-17's for about $600. The wheels and tires were both used but the blizzak's had still about 10/32 tread. Not bad for $300.

Back