MS6 Dyno Results..Not sure if this belongs here or not but

[ MS6Dynocopy.jpg
Hey- for those of you not on Mazda6club...heres my Dyno from Monday

100% Stock MS6 on 93 Octane PRE Recall/Flash

Wouldnt be surprised if the MS3 hits 248-250whp.....yea, the MS6 has a larger drivetrain loss.

CitizenPro said:
Wouldnt be surprised if the MS3 hits 248-250whp.....yea, the MS6 has a larger drivetrain loss.

Fantastic numbers!

As a comment though, I can just see it now--MS 3 versus MS 6 everywhere. It's ramping up in almost every MS6 thread.

Let's put it to rest now.
1. The MS 3 will likely be quicker in the 0 to 60 and quarter mile (if it can hook up alright).
2. It will dyno very close to the MS 6
3. There will be much more aftermarket choice quickly.
4. MS3 will create a huge sensation in the world of affordable performance.
5. Us MS6 owners will always have a nagging feeling that we should have bought an MS3.

The MS6 is still a great car though, just imagine if you took both cars on a WET track! Quicker off the line and it won't spin the tires nearly as easily, it still gets the 1/8 mile. I say ms6 will usually have a better 0-60 because of drivers spinning the tires on the MS3. I drove the MS6 and loved it! (except for the stupid clutch, lol) Both are great cars in their own right. I love the 3 as well but the MS6 is 10x more sexy, not to say that the MS3 doesn't look good. (MSP ftw in looks hehe)

1. MS3 will not be quicker in 0-60. No way can it hook up quick enough
2-4. Agreed. Thats a good thing though...
5. I will never have that feeling. Would've kept my msp otherwise.

Yes... please bury this ms6 vs. ms3 crap. We are on the same team.

DSpec said:
Fantastic numbers!

As a comment though, I can just see it now--MS 3 versus MS 6 everywhere. It's ramping up in almost every MS6 thread.

Let's put it to rest now.
1. The MS 3 will likely be quicker in the 0 to 60 and quarter mile (if it can hook up alright).
2. It will dyno very close to the MS 6
3. There will be much more aftermarket choice quickly.
4. MS3 will create a huge sensation in the world of affordable performance.
5. Us MS6 owners will always have a nagging feeling that we should have bought an MS3.

ONRAILS said:
1. MS3 will not be quicker in 0-60. No way can it hook up quick enough
2-4. Agreed. Thats a good thing though...
5. I will never have that feeling. Would've kept my msp otherwise.

Yes... please bury this ms6 vs. ms3 crap. We are on the same team.

you're right -- AWD is the key.

thanks to everyone for taking this in the spirit it was intended--good fun.

And i completely agree we are on the same team...

The MS6 will be cheaper then the MS3 when it comes out. Rebates vs mark up.
So put that in your pipe and smoke it :)

ms6 pwns ms3, just wait when people start making 350WHP and dump the clutch @ 5, that s*** is gonna fly

jeffmsp said:
ms6 pwns ms3, just wait when people start making 350WHP and dump the clutch @ 5, that s*** is gonna fly

THe only thing that is going to fly in that situation is a piston through the hood.

More like pieces of the diff. LOL

He states the dyno is a PRE-Recall PCM/Flash I'd assume the "new" flash will kick that down a hair but not much. I knew the DISI was a torquey little monster but damn.

Post flash dyno

So am I right to assume nobody has any dyno results after a flash update was performed. I would be very interested in those results. Dont know much about the process but would such a test tell me figures on boost as well? I suppose the torque curve probably goes hand in hand with boost. Does anyone know where in the Detroit area I could have a test performed at a reasonalbe price? I will pony up the money if its only a few hundred dollars and it can be done while I wait. I have no idea how much they cost, any information on what is reasonalbe would be helpful as well.

Back