Zenn Lowering springs... A mistake?

mavreix

:
Protege, 02 ES
Well heres the deal- I got a set of rims and they came with the Zenn springs for free. So I went ahead and put them on- I thought "what the hell". So now I get a few squeaks every now and then when I hit a bump and a rattley(new word) rough ride. The guy at the tire center aligned them and everything but Im worried I did something wrong since there making noise and Ive got a much rougher ride then before. So my question is did I do something wrong on the install??? My friend told me that some bolts needed to be lined up correctly or something on the tops of the struts?? Or is it just the springs are cheap???

Ill put some up ASAP- Ill break it down and take a few pics this weekend-

2. Mark the coil spring, upper spring seat rubber and
upper spring seat for proper installation as shown
in the figure.
3. Align the marks of the coil spring, upper spring
seat rubber and upper spring seat. Protect the
coil spring and upper seat spring using a piece of
cloth

I never aligned any of the springs or marked anything but I defineatly torqued the bolts all the way down... Really I just need to know before I go on if I should just buy a new set or trash the ZENN ones? If I were to buy a set of racing beat springs and install them the same way would I have the same problems?

I think I can answer this one...

WTF are Zenn springs? lol

Rough ride is probably due to cheap springs mis-matched on cheap / stock shocks. It's a recipe for harshness

hahaha not funny--... So apparently no one has ever heard of this s*** ass company before??? Well I guess its true "you get what you pay for". I think part of the problem lies in the rims being cheap too... But yea so last question Racingbeat delivers a good product correct???

If being original equipment on MSP's and MP3's qualifies as a good product, then yes.

Non sarcastic response: They are good springs, don't expect much of a drop though. About one inch.

Zenn is an ebay brand i believe. my friend has some on his 240sx, they hadnt broke or anything, but all lowering spring give a hard ride. squeaking is also normal over some bumps that allow long spring travel.

Yea Ive been working on putting the new racingbeat springs on and sway bars... I dont know if any of you folks have ever worked on taking off the front sway bar off these cars but Im having a hell of a time getting to that rear not that hold the bar in place... Has anyone here repalce sway bars and if so how did you pull it off on the front with the little room the car makers gave you???

Back