yellow fogs?

I run Blue-Bat's overlays. I like them. I've not switched out the bulbs yet and am not sure I will as honestly, I find the OEM fogs pretty poor in terms of pattern and output so I don't ever use them.

I only went yellow as during the day I feel it adds a little something and helps offset the front end nicely.

original.jpg

How did you put on the overlays? Did you just put them on the front? Did you take off the black outer cover? Did You pull them out the back? I've got questions.

Just put them on. They are slightly smaller than the fog light lens itself...not enough to be noticeable, but enough to be able to install without removing anything. Just clean the lenses really well, then spray soapy water on the lens and put the overlay on. Then use a small squeegee (I don't know how you actually spell that word) to get all the water/air out.

I feel it adds a little something and helps offset the front end nicely.

I agree 100% It's a perfect enhancement

The process is very forgiving. Just use plenty of soapy water to move it around until it's exactly where you want. it.

I have Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs which unfortunately don't have a very long lifespan (about 6 months on average) but they are reasonably priced, you can get them on Ebay for around $15 shipped for a pair. I also have yellow overlays - don't have any pics at the moment but I will soon.

I have Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs which unfortunately don't have a very long lifespan (about 6 months on average) but they are reasonably priced, you can get them on Ebay for around $15 shipped for a pair. I also have yellow overlays - don't have any pics at the moment but I will soon.

rsvinyls here are your fog light overlays on my DD Mazda3 hatch (other ride is a MS3 currently blown up)...these are the two best pics..feel free to use these for your own promotional pics on ebay etc...just blur out my license plate...you can browse my photobucket and use those other pics that i used to axisboldaslove thanks

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the Luminiacs 9006 yellow bulbs. Good bulbs, like the color, have lasted for about 6 months without problems.

I have dabears2k lamin-x yellow fog overlays, with 3000K HID fogs. I wanted the yellow lens but a little more power out of them so I could actually see them.

Just need to aim them a little higher because stock only shoots to the ground in about 2 feet...annnnndd I don't want it like that.

the RS Vinyl Graphics overlays you can actually see them at night time...i don't see use of using yellow fog lights with them at night time...i can take pics tonight

rs vinyl ones are cheap (as in price) but they needed some cutting to fit right. Just so you know, otherwise they look great once installed.

Last edited:
rs vinyl ones are cheap (as in price) but they needed some cutting to fit right. Just so you know, otherwise they look great once installed.

no they don't...i bought two sets one for my mazda3 HB and one for my MS3...bought cover the full lense with no cutting took 2 mins to put them on both cars...unless you got some non-quality ones from a batch ....but people have had nothing but good results from the rsvinyls ones

well i dont know what to say, they were a tad too big, i just trimmed a lil bit off. Not knocking them by any means they look great! Just saying i had to cut mine.

Luminics JDM Yellow 9006 Bulbs:

They look great... I'm just worried about longevity. I think mine might last a little longer than others because the car doesn't get driven much...

One of them just burnt out. They've only been in since Early January. Only 6 months and maybe 3,500 miles. Gay.

because of the cost of HIDs being so low, its a better option over the Luminics. I ran through 2 sets of those before getting the DDM Raptor 2s. They get ran all the time the car is on and they havent burnt out after a year. Also the Luminics burnt out my stock plugs and I had to solder in a set of high temp plugs.

Back