Yay for me!

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
So I finally got in touch with the guy today who did the mods to the msp that I just bought. Turns out, I have actually talked to this guy before and met him on some other forum. FORGED INTERNALS!!! It has wiseco pistons and k-1 rods. How much boost is safe? 14ish? Has the t3/t4 50 trim on it. Gotta work out a few other little things before the boost goes up

what kind of engine management?

This is the most important question. I had mine with same internals at 15psi t3/4 dont remember trim. But with my 3071 i have it at 12psi right now. Split Second FTC is super easy to tweak and tune with but seems to be extremely hard for me to make consistent.

No engine management :( Its just on stock ecu as well. We are just gonna fix it and sell it so the next owner will have his/her choice in what they want to do. We are probably gonna put a stock turbo and manifold back on it as well

why would you revert to stock parts if the internals are forged... sell to a tunner thats buying to mod and leave it as is besides get it running right..

I just put the stock turbo and manifold on to see if it would stop the smoking issue its having. Didn't work tho. That was the only thing I was gonna change. Gonna leave the fmic on. I'll probably just sell it locally cause here on the forums there aren't too many people around this area.

Back