• XEDE EMS CAUSE THATS HOW I KICK IT!

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY FOCUS

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • FWD Civic < MS6 AWD LOLOL

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Captain KRM P5 said:
that has been both my and jordan's intent from the outset.

And that's what I love about both of you, you're not running your mouths or letting your fingers fly, you're going back and forth in a civilized manner and providing potent data for me to decipher and decide which EMS I want...... but I'm still really torn between the two, lol

It wouldn't matter if both came out with plug & play at the same time (which is what I'm waiting for) but more in the means of, which is tuner friendly that doesn't have so many complex ratios and data fields that I manipulate.......

basically whichever one is easier for even an idiot to use, and whichever allows the best "tune on the fly" capabilities.

and of course whichever allows for Nintendo DS tuning!!! (rockon) (hey... I can hope right? (lol2))

Chris-BE said:
Do I need to go over the features or should I say NON features of the XEDE compared to the CP-E Standback? How easy is it to change the boost settings on the fly? Can you tune by using the fuel settings, or just by the MAF? Can you tune to allow VTA with a SIMPLE map change? .
Out of curiosity, tell me everything the Xede can do. And tell me everything the CPE unit can do.

Can you call the good folks that designed and make the XEDE directly any day of the week? Not a reseller! (You can at CP-E btw.)
Yes you can. No one ever said you could not. Chip Torque is readily accessible, just remember they are down under. The reseller is usually easier to get ahold, closer to your time zone and all that. And the reseller has a little bit more experience with the unit on your continent. Almost ALL of the good Engine management systems come from international companies. Besides, there is always the added security that the unit has been test by three different companies on two different continents before it ever hit your hands. ;)
Stephanie

Is XEDE plug-n-play??

I don't believe it is..... There would have been some kind of announcement already, I don't believe anyone is plug and play yet

and I believe CPE is the closest..... Though there are some people that seem to be holding out hope for the COBB tuner. I myself would definitely get that if they cracked the ECU, because the stuff they do for Subarus is great.

Last I remember CPE already had the harnesses and everything to make their EMS PnP, they just needed to test it out.

I'm still waiting for someone to crack the Nintendo DS and make the EMS work with that......... draw your own fuel map (thumb) (yeah right but it's a nice dream, eh?)

I don't believe it is..... There would have been some kind of announcement already, I don't believe anyone is plug and play yet

and I believe CPE is the closest..... Though there are some people that seem to be holding out hope for the COBB tuner. I myself would definitely get that if they cracked the ECU, because the stuff they do for Subarus is great.

Last I remember CPE already had the harnesses and everything to make their EMS PnP, they just needed to test it out.

I'm still waiting for someone to crack the Nintendo DS and make the EMS work with that......... draw your own fuel map (thumb) (yeah right but it's a nice dream, eh?)

CPE only has one side of the harness...they need the other one before than can complete....They got it many...many months after the protege garage....Ken is working on a full stand alone....That second harness is proving to be a real b**** to get our hands on....bottom line...Once either one of them has the second harness they both will....I think its the company who makes it has a contract with Mazda and they cant make it for anyone else.

CPE only has one side of the harness...they need the other one before than can complete....They got it many...many months after the protege garage....Ken is working on a full stand alone....That second harness is proving to be a real b**** to get our hands on....bottom line...Once either one of them has the second harness they both will....I think its the company who makes it has a contract with Mazda and they cant make it for anyone else.

yeah i'm aware of ken working on a full stand alone.... he informed me. I'm just going to be waiting on that....

is the harness patent pending? if not they should be able to find someone else to make it.......

Back