window tint Q's

letholone

:
07 speed3 murdered out
what are you guys paying out there for the whole car?

I have ms3 and was quoted 225-250 and was "hook up" price (uhm)

Just seeing if I'm outa date on prices, or I'm being hosed.

tahts alot

i paid 180 for a 20% tint at Mr tint in escondido. for front and back windows.

tahts costa mesa in socal right?

what are you guys paying out there for the whole car?

I have ms3 and was quoted 225-250 and was "hook up" price (uhm)

Just seeing if I'm outa date on prices, or I'm being hosed.

Are they removing any tint? I was quoted about that to remove my current tint and to put in new.

I was just quoted 355 from a local place, but thats for Huber Optic Ceramic, I haven't decided if I want to go for 20% or 30%. They even have soom crazy light films(85%) that block allot of heat that I'm thinking of doing the front if I go with 30 all around.
Tom

You can get Huber Optic Ceramic for 140 installed? That seems impossible! What part of US you in?
Thanks
Tom

Window tint prices vary depending on what brand film you use and the area that you live in. Huber Optic is by far the most expensive tint but has some nice features and benefits. When choosing a tinter, make sure that you can see some examples of his/her work and that you feel comfortable with them. I will say that the MS3 is not an easy car to tint and in our area (Charlotte, NC), we get about $220 to tint them with the Suntek brand film that offers a lifetime warranty on peeling, cracking, adhesive failure and fading.

I paid 165 for 20% all round on mine, but Colorado which is long ways away from where you guys are.

Damn i paid 100 For 35%(windsheild) 20% all the way around....I think the paper they use is HP or some crap like that....

It cost me $60 to get just the back glass tinted with 5% limo tint, I could only image what it would have cost me to get the whole car, luckily i bought the car with tint already on.

thanks for all the imput.

I'm gonna call around a few places and I'll post up what I find.

I've been meaning to get my windows tinted as well, but not sure how to go about doing it... what's a good way to find a reputable local place to do tints?

Check your local Yellowpages for Window Tint stores. Make sure and check out more than one. Talk with the tinters and ask to see some of their work. If you feel uncomfortable with them or they refuse to show you any recently tinted vehicles, then they are probably not for you. When checking out the tinters work, make sure all of the lines are clean and there are no bubbles or runs.

One last thing...make sure the film that the tint shop is using offers a lifetime warranty againt cracking, peeling, adhesion failure and fading.

Good luck!

went to the a place I remembered doing business with a few years back on my civic hatch. 150 lifetime warrenty just like all the rest.

quality might be low but its only window tint..
I'm realistic. I'll only have this car two years before something cooler comes out. most likely the ONE series from bmw.

$289 (more like $305 after taxes) for my MS3

I'm thinking of having the sides redone with different %, so that will cost me another $200 or so on top of what I already paid. *^_^*

Last edited:
Back