willl protege5 roof rack fit on maz3hatch?

maz3jase

Does anyone know or has anyone attempted to mount the roof rack off of a Protege5 on a Maz3hatchback? I really wish the car came with a factory rack. Dont really care for the look of aftermarket racks. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

no, i've never seen one on a maz3 and when i've looked at the accessories site on mazda, there is not one listed as an option....I realize the shape of the roof is significantly different, so this would be one of those kind of projects that is "play it by ear. I guess i should first measure the the distance between the feet of each crossbar and determine if they would match up with the rain rails on the mazda 3. if anyone knows the measurements, i'd welcome your help...or if there's anyone in the sacramento area willing to let me use their car for measurements, i'd appreaciate it. Thanks for the posts people :)

IIRC, the Mazda3 doesn't have the holes/mounting points in the the roofline to accomodate an OEM style rack. The Mazda3 is wider than the Protege5 too, so no option there.

Definitely not worth your time to pursue.

Just go to your local bike shop and get a Yakima or Thule complete setup (that you can use on another car later on too).

I have seen an OEM Mazda3 roof rack. I think it is made by Yakima.. or one of those brands at least, but it says "Mazda" on it and didn't look half bad. I can try to dig up the post on here where I saw it.

BAM http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3796

0c722341.jpg

maz3jase said:
Does anyone know or has anyone attempted to mount the roof rack off of a Protege5 on a Maz3hatchback? I really wish the car came with a factory rack. Dont really care for the look of aftermarket racks. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

If you're wanting to sell that P5 roof rack, I would be interested in buying.

GPS
gpshaffer21@yahoo.com

Back