Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

Compared to the CRV or the RAV4, the CX5 handles better. It corners better, there is no understeer or oversteer - the handling is just more precise. When going over a bumpy road, the steering gives you feedback without the usual jittery feeling. But at the same time, it doesn't feel like the steering isn't attached to the wheels. So I would say that the ride is fine.

As for wind noise - I think the RAV4 and CRV are quieter but not by much.

Theres a family of dealership near my place that offers lifetime limited non-factory powertrain warranty when you buy a new car from them, its included free of charge. The components covered are exactly the same as the 5-year/60,000-mile manufacturer's warranty. I only learned of this after I bought my two mazdas from a different dealer.

Received figures from my local Mazda dealer for a 17,500 mile lease. It would be around $330/month for a 16 AWD GT. Puts me in my ideal range but just not a fan of leasing. Don't like the thought of having to watch my mileage and where I can and can't drive.

First post here. I've been watching this forum for the last few months leading up to the release of the '16s. I'm looking to replace my lease '13 Kia Optima with the CX-5. The great info available here has kept me ahead of the curve when talking to sales people. I've received a lease quote on a GT (with Tech and i-ACTIVSENSE) for $393/mo. The terms were 36mo/36,000mi. Not sure if that's a good number or not. Hoping someone could provide some guidance.

Last edited:
First post here. I've been watching this forum for the last few months leading up to the release of the '16s. I'm looking to replace my lease '13 Kia Optima with the CX-5. The great info available here has kept me ahead of the curve when talking to sales people. I've received a lease quote on a GT (with Tech and i-ACTIVSENSE) for $393/mo. The terms were 36mo/12,000mi. Not sure if that's a good number or not. Hoping someone could provide some guidance.

Do you only drive 333.33 miles a month? That's more than $1 a mile. Because of my work that's how much I put on my cx-5 a week. I think leasing is nice for a second "weekend" car or if you live ad work in the city where you can walk everywhere.

Last edited:
Do you only drive 333.33 miles a month? That's more than $1 a mile. Because of my work that's how much I put on my cx-5 a week. I think leasing is nice for a second "weekend" car or if you live ad work in the city where you can walk everywhere.

LMAO, I put that all wrong. I meant 36,000mi. However, my wife (primary driver) doesn't drive much. Our Optima has less than 20,000mi with 6 months to go on the lease. I personally have a daily round trip commute of 75-80mi.

HMW,

Did you consider the black interior with the Titanium? I saw a Mazda 3 with the Titanium/black combo and it just didn't look right albeit the exterior of the Mazda 3 was filthy, (drought in the Bay Area and dealers rarely wash their cars). The parchment, for me anyway, would be too light, (due to my slob factor). ;-)

Thanks,
Paul

LMAO, I put that all wrong. I meant 36,000mi. However, my wife (primary driver) doesn't drive much. Our Optima has less than 20,000mi with 6 months to go on the lease. I personally have a daily round trip commute of 75-80mi.

That seems more right. If she doesn't drive more than 36k miles that good. The good about a lease is that you get a new car every 3 years, or however long your lease is. I've known people who buys a car and turn around and trade it in after a couple of months because its not what they expected the car to be.

Only 24 hours left to wait. Been waiting since last September.
Getting a white with parchment 2016 GT with tech.

HMW,

Did you consider the black interior with the Titanium? I saw a Mazda 3 with the Titanium/black combo and it just didn't look right albeit the exterior of the Mazda 3 was filthy, (drought in the Bay Area and dealers rarely wash their cars). The parchment, for me anyway, would be too light, (due to my slob factor). ;-)

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul - I did consider it, since models with Parchment are uncommon right now. When I asked another dealer to look, there were only 4 CX-5s with the i-ActiveSense package, of which there was one White & Parchment, one Titanium & Parchment and the rest were Meteor Grey and Blue Reflex & Black. The dealer was kind enough to show me the Mazda3 with Titanium & Black ( it was dirty as well ) and also let me compare it to Meteor Gray & Black. I thought the Black interior just didn't go with either of those colors.

My first choice would have been Soul Red with Parchment - but the wife took one look at that color and rolled her eyes (notcool) - so no Soul Red for me. The second choice was a White & Parchment but the car got sold before I could take delivery.

I think the Titanium is good - the CX-5 in White looks nice, but the Titanium makes it look 'meaner' and goes really nice with the GT alloys. It's dark enough so that you can mistake it for Gray, a lot more restrained than the Soul Red. But it is still a lot more distinctive than all the other colors.

Got the specifics for my new CX 5 that is waiting to leave port.

'16 CX 5 GT AWD w/ Destination Fee $29,511
Soul Red 267
Tech Package 1,339
I Sense Package 1,335
Roof Rack Side Rails 220

Grand Total $32,672 before rebates, tax and doc fees

Last edited:

'16 CX 5 GT AWD w/ Destination Fee $28,631
Soul Red 267
Tech Package 1,339
I Sense Package 1,335
Roof Rack Side Rails 220

Grand Total $31,792 before rebates, tax and doc fees

How hard did you have to negotiate to get this pricing? Very helpful on your breakdown.

Thannks

'16 CX 5 GT AWD w/ Destination Fee $29,511
Soul Red 267
Tech Package 1,339
I Sense Package 1,335
Roof Rack Side Rails 220

Grand Total $32,672 before rebates, tax and doc fees

That's pretty good pricing. It falls in line with what truecar.com is claiming to be "factory invoice" for each item. I want to try and get as close to the $29,674 (employee price) floor that Bob-loblaw found. Not sure how I'll get there, but I want to try and nail something in the $30k range. Anyone know if there are any incentives on the '16s?

There aren't any incentives in my area - not even financing. I went to three local dealerships and the most I was able to get off was $300 from MSRP at 3.99% financing. One even told me they wouldn't move AT ALL and I would have to pay exact sticker price. I was told "take it or leave it but we aren't moving a dime" so naturally I left it. I think they are really desprite to get rid of the 2015s. As a matter of fact the one guy when I walked asked me where I heard of the 2016 because they aren't on the website yet and they've been hiding them all in their back over flow lot so people weren't tempted to buy them. Craziness!

I finally found a dealership about an hour away which was really friendly and was willing to come down below invoice. My MSRP was around $34,085 with accessories and I got them down to $32,475 with 2.44% financing. Super happy with my deal.

2016 AWD GT - Blue Reflex Mica w/ black interior
Tech Package
iActive package
Roof Rails
Rear Bumper Guard
Door Sill Plates
All-weather floor mats
Cargo Tray
Wheel locks

Last edited:
adgjqetuo, good to hear you found someone! I liked my dealership and that's why my last 3 cars have been from there. :)

There aren't any incentives in my area - not even financing. I went to three local dealerships and the most I was able to get off was $300 from MSRP at 3.99% financing. One even told me they wouldn't move AT ALL and I would have to pay exact sticker price. I was told "take it or leave it but we aren't moving a dime" so naturally I left it.
Good to hear you are happy with your deal. They are right... somewhat. There is always a $500 Mazda loyalty package (Just need a current title with VIN). Besides that, some, got a $1000 coupon for 2016's if you own multiple Mazdas. As far as not dealing, that's dumb. My dealer would love to get rid of his 2015's, but he knows I want a 2016. He will give money off the MSRP, but no financing because that comes from Mazda and there is none now. The next chance for that is March 3rd when the new incentives come out. They may think they can get full MSRP, but obviously they lost a sale in the end. I can understand not bringing the 2016's up, but if someone is looking for one, sell it.
And really, with the internet, how many dealers are in a 50 mile radius that have 2016's online with below MSRP pricing. Given a zip code, internet, and 30 minutes, anyone can find a dealer.

Yeah - I agree. This was my first Mazda so I missed out on the loyalty. Our other car is a 2013 Subaru Outback Limited.

Maybe next time! :)

Last edited:
This might not be your last Mazda. Mazda has really stepped up their game and have come a long way in the last few years. There's another discussion on here about the the CX5 vs the RDX. When the second body style of the Mazda 3 came out (I already had an original Mazda 3) and I was trying to decide whether to get the Volvo S40 or the new Mazda 3 (when they had just come out with the tech package), I was torn. Read up on both, found the Volvo reviews weren't too positive, test drove both and went with the Mazda 3. Honestly, if it's not a good fit, it's not a good fit. Loving the brand. Hope you enjoy!!!!

I am kind of kicking myself for not getting a remote start installed with my 2016 but the dealer price for a mazda one is over $600. It seems to be a necessity here in Canada especially this winter. I have read through some threads and it seems the aftermarket ones work decently but are not 100% integrated. Any 16 owners have one or looking to get one installed?

I am kind of kicking myself for not getting a remote start installed with my 2016 but the dealer price for a mazda one is over $600. It seems to be a necessity here in Canada especially this winter. I have read through some threads and it seems the aftermarket ones work decently but are not 100% integrated. Any 16 owners have one or looking to get one installed?

Is the use of a block heater still very common up north?

Back