Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

Have you looked on cargurus.com? They list inventory of dealers and you can get an idea what dealers near you might have them based on if there is a pix of the actual car. A few dealers seem to have them. Maybe there is a dealer somewhat close to you.

hey thanks for the site rec maximo. My search yielded only one '16 Sport within 200 miles, but it was a manual, which doesn't have the 2.5L engine. But I'll keep checking that site for sure. Hopefully a few more will trickle in.

Picking up a 2016 CX5 GT this afternoon. Mazda financing was 2.49 for 60 months when I signed on Saturday, but I the new rate in Ontario is 1.99 and I may get that rate.

Came down to red or white... went with the red :)

Picking up a 2016 CX5 GT this afternoon. Mazda financing was 2.49 for 60 months when I signed on Saturday, but I the new rate in Ontario is 1.99 and I may get that rate.

Came down to red or white... went with the red :)

Good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I’m new to the forum which has been very helpful in making buying decisions. Took the plunge on a 2016 CX5 GT sonic silver mica, 19” mags, moonroof (no Tech), and take delivery in two weeks. I live in Montreal and navigation and LED lights are standard on the GT model, and not part of tech package.

Price before taxes: $ 38,600 which include the following options and accessories I chose:

Roof rack, remote starter, Weather Tech front and rear liners, cargo tray, cargo net, TAG tracking device, Good Year winter tires on steel rims with center caps, wheel locks, touch up paint. I was going to skip the winter tires but the way we’re going, looks like spring will be cancelled !

For those of you in Canada there is a $750 rebate during the month of March and financing rate dropped from 2.49% to 1.99% for 60 months (my case). Additionally, those purchasing who have a member of the family own a Mazda, get an additional 1% off financing.

I visited several dealers and they’re selling the 2016 like hotcakes which means they must be giving great discounts for the remaining 2015 models.

Hope this helps those looking to buy.

Congrats! Post pics when you take delivery of the car.

Joepro
I can't really see your profile picture.

Your headlights look darker and really cool. Can I ask what you did?
Or is that the 2016's headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patagonia bum, I have the exact same vehicle, 16 with silver mica. I've had it a week and I highly recommend getting a clear bra on the front. I just got mine put on, and just from a weeks worth of careful driving I have some chips on the bumper.

Patagonia bum, I have the exact same vehicle, 16 with silver mica. I've had it a week and I highly recommend getting a clear bra on the front. I just got mine put on, and just from a weeks worth of careful driving I have some chips on the bumper.

None of the shops around me can get a pattern for the 16's yet. I realize you are in Canada but I was just curious did you have it hand cut or did they use a pattern?

FADETOBLACK, I'm just wondering... If your chips are on the bumper, how would a clear bra (hood protection) help? Wow, that is not very good news. Are the chips showing white undercoat paint of the plastic bumper cover?

The undercoat/ primer is black.. I'll take some photos of the bra along with the chip. The clear bra helps with the sandblasting from sand/rocks from other vehicles, especially on the freeway. It was $470 professionally installed and the product is Suntek, which is a self healing coat guaranteed for 5 years.

Oh and the installer brought in a 2015 pattern and had to cut it slightly to fit around the new fog light. Other than that everything fit perfectly.

Oh and the installer brought in a 2015 pattern and had to cut it slightly to fit around the new fog light. Other than that everything fit perfectly.

I thought the shape of the headlight housing was a bit different as well b/c of the LED's. If not that's great news, Thanks!

I'm gonna see about getting a clear bra installed when I have the dealer put on the 19" wheels in a week or two.

Last edited:
I'm gonna see about getting a clear bra installed when I have the dealer put on the 19" wheels in a few week or two.

Can someone post a picture of a clear bra? I googled it and got a bunch of intersting pictures.. none of which were cars.. (yes)

Finally figured out how to post a photo...took me a while.

Here are some photos of mine. You can't see the clear bra at all, I'll take a photo when the sun is just right so that you can see the line of the end of the bra which is about 1/4 of the way up the hood. One of the photos is of the chip I got in the bumper before I got the clear bra on.

GYu0xvy.jpg

VX6Qmer.jpg

rLPjYp9.jpg

Last edited:
Finally figured out how to post a photo...took me a while.

Here are some photos of mine. You can't see the clear bra at all, I'll take a photo when the sun is just right so that you can see the line of the end of the bra which is about 1/4 of the way up the hood. One of the photos is of the chip I got in the bumper before I got the clear bra on.

GYu0xvy.jpg

VX6Qmer.jpg

rLPjYp9.jpg

Would love to know more about that clear bra...costs? I am in Canada as well. Wonder how it would work on a dark colour like my Soul Red.

Back