Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

Anyone have an iPhone 4? Ever since i got the new phone, the CX-9 keeps telling my I have a low battery, regardless how full it is.

i have an '08 Grand Touring

Anyone have an iPhone 4? Ever since i got the new phone, the CX-9 keeps telling my I have a low battery, regardless how full it is.

i have an '08 Grand Touring

Mine paired up just fine and the display accurately shows the correct battery life.

Wondering if any iPhone users hvae had recent issues with the the system reporting that the "Phone is not available". Since the upgrade of my 3GS to IOS 4.x and my wife's upgrade to the iPhone 4, we are experiencing more and more of this "not available" message from the system. Powering off/on the phone previously worked. Now it seems you need to shutoff/restart the car for the sync to happen.

I haven't tried re-syncing my 3GS, but my wife's new iPhone 4 (upgraded from a 3G) seems to have the same problem.

Ideas?

connected t-mobile Samsung t-349 with 2010 CX-9, receiving and making calls work well, did not try other functions

Wondering if any iPhone users hvae had recent issues with the the system reporting that the "Phone is not available". Since the upgrade of my 3GS to IOS 4.x and my wife's upgrade to the iPhone 4, we are experiencing more and more of this "not available" message from the system. Powering off/on the phone previously worked. Now it seems you need to shutoff/restart the car for the sync to happen.

I haven't tried re-syncing my 3GS, but my wife's new iPhone 4 (upgraded from a 3G) seems to have the same problem.

Ideas?

No trouble with my 3GS running either 4.x version.

tried my HTC Evo 4g on Sprint. It pairs and does phone well but the audio portion is horrible. Skips, doesn't show artist/folder/song, can't change folders. It's horrid :(

brand new cx9 touring awd w/ bose and having major problems connecting my T-Mobile MyTouch as well as my wife's T-Mobile G1. Both will pair, and connect initially, but the bluetooth connects/disconnects about every 30 seconds by itself... so you hear your phone call over the car audio speakers for 30 seconds, then disconnects (for a few seconds) then reconnects for 30 seconds, over and over... Mazda Bluetooth hotline walked me through troubleshooting... said I had to bring it in to dealership... dealership worked for 2.5 hours to diagnose and says it must be a problem with my phones... but BOTH phones work fine with other bluetooth pairing/connections and both are on the supported device list. Dealership sent me away and said to follow up with my cell provider (what the provider can do about a bluetooth connection is beyond me)... kinda stuck now... car is only a week old and has never made a bluetooth call longer than about 30 seconds successfully... Anyone else?

tsonneborn,
Check the settings of BT on your phones.
I believe your problem is on the phones.
Some BT settings (such as my old SE 600i) allow BT to dynamically connect to any BT devices
nearby (at least tries to). When it does that, it dropped the existing connection. Once that did not work,
it came back to re-establish previous connection. So, there was a setting to deactivate THAT (forgot the title of the option).
Once that is deactivated, all BT functions worked well for me.
So, check all the settings you have on your phone related to BT.
See if anything looks related to the problem you see.

Or, maybe check the phone maker to see if there has been any firmware update on BT for your phones.

Just bought a new leftover CX-9 (see sig (yippy)) and set up my Palm Treo 680 and my wife's Apple iPhone 4 with no issues other than the import of the phonebook from the iPhone. I notice that if the number displayed from an incoming call does not exactly match the number in the stored phonebook (i.e., xxxxxx-xxxx vs. xxx-xxx-xxxx) it will not display the name associated with that phone number. That's kind of important if it's someone you really don't want to talk to at that moment! ;) It seems there's no way to edit or remove entries from the imported phonebook. If there is, someone please let me know!

Last edited:
I cannot get the name associated with a number in the phonebook to display during incoming calls. This is true for either the imported phonebook or those entered via voice command. If I don't recognize the number, I have no idea who's calling. This seems pretty dumb. Does everyone have this issue or is there something I'm missing? I've read the manual and searched online, to no avail. Anyone?

Well, I contacted Mazda Handfsree support and here's the definitive answer:

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your HandsFree system.Unfortunately, the Caller ID feature will only display the number of the person that is calling and will not show the name. We apologize for any inconvenience.If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 800-430-0153. We are available Mon-Fri from 7:00am-8:00pm CT.Sincerely,Mazda HandsFree Customer Service
(pissed) Too bad. In light of this dumbness, I have ordered a visor clip for the iPhone from http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_4_Car_Mount.php in order to see who's calling.
ipm511.jpg

Last edited:
Automobile electronics are so far behind our mobile devices.
A big revolution is coming soon. If you have sit in a Ford with Sync lately, you would be impressed by what is possible.

The Voice Command on CX9 is an "entertainment system" for me and my kids....

no problems with Casio Exilim C721 (Verizon)..you have to make sure your code is 0000 or it will not pair with default phone code of 0000

Windows Phone 7 - Samsun Focus (ATT)

In general, it works fine, except for some random partial disconnection. To regain full connection I need to turn on the phone speaker and off again.

Back