Where To Find-crx 1988 Dash Harness

around here you could find a harness from an '88 civic in almost any yard due to the fact they all rusted in half... :(

thanks all. I created a thread in the honda forum by the way..and not one response.

I'm checkn the links out and sending emails, thanks.

Yea I found out where to get a new one. cheapest a little less than $500. So I'm trying to find a used one first.

thats becauase HT is full of douches and ricer noobs.

Theres a core group of people that are knowledgeable, but dont go out of their way to help out the new guys, so its a very hard forum to become familar with.

I still hate honda, passionately.
That one site has them new for $444 thats the cheapest so far. Another site was 479 or something.

Anyway for something to read... Got this honda from a friend. Letting me pay low payments. Car runs and everything.

Problem is, the way the harness is wired. and there's an alarm wired in. Viper, and if the box isnt in the car it won't let you turn the key. Kinda cool.

Problem is, if you let the car sit for too long(like a day) the battery dies. New battery, repaired alternator just before I got the car. Somewhere is a short thats causing the battery drainage.

So I figure let me have the battery re-charged and start her up so I can take it back to my friends shop to put the new tires I bought on the front wheels.
Get the battery back, go to connect it, POP! Main fuse done. Try to replace it POP, Try again POP.

So now I've gotta get to the harness, remove the alarm first and go from there. I'll have to pay a guy to do it to, the wires are a mess. If that fails or he doesnt know where to start with the wires, then I'll buy a new dash harness. already have a new engine harness awaiting possible install. A friend did the ZC swap a long time ago, wired it up kinda ghetto.

Car is only for work, why I bought it. Has zc,headers,real 3in catless blitz nur spec, and its gutted. Had a msd ignition yanked that garbage out though.

Yea boy. Got me's a nice condition/uncut dash harness on the way from Ebay.$160 shipped, better than $450 right.

Can't wait to get it. So now I got both, better conditon/uncut engine & dash harness'. Almost ready for the road little honda.

I thought you said no ebay? Hell I could have told you that...

lol. honda tech has a million harnesses.. there's a space for the ef thread.. i just bought an engine bay harness cuz mine's all hacked. hah. but good luck!

Oh no, Cuz I was searching on ebay for atleast a few months2-3. They didnt have s*** man.

I got the engine harness months back from ebay, but they never had a dash harness. Then this one just popped up yesterday uncut and sweet.

And I'm done with ricer honda sites, and I only went on one.. basically one time. And wow, I'm done with them.

What about a crx si tranny? 1988-1991 I assume. I've done some searching for this havent been able to find one. I don't need it right away, but definitely in my plans, becuse the tranny I have now is not an Si. It's I think, a ZC motor with a DX tranny. For longer gears........(notcool). But like I said, this car is just for work, and maybe down the road I'll just sell it again for $1000-1500, I paid $1500 + a couple new parts totaling $434 so far.

Hondaspeed.

Oh no, Cuz I was searching on ebay for atleast a few months2-3. They didnt have s*** man.

I got the engine harness months back from ebay, but they never had a dash harness. Then this one just popped up yesterday uncut and sweet.

And I'm done with ricer honda sites, and I only went on one.. basically one time. And wow, I'm done with them.

What about a crx si tranny? 1988-1991 I assume. I've done some searching for this havent been able to find one. I don't need it right away, but definitely in my plans, becuse the tranny I have now is not an Si. It's I think, a ZC motor with a DX tranny. For longer gears........(notcool). But like I said, this car is just for work, and maybe down the road I'll just sell it again for $1000-1500, I paid $1500 + a couple new parts totaling $434 so far.

Hondaspeed.
rofl. i hear ya. the honda guys are douches.. but, i have a ZC motor and trans in my hatch. i might sell it.might not..idk

Hondaspeed.

Hate to say it, but HondaTech is probably the farthest you can get from being a "ricer" Honda site...

well let me know if you do sell it.

And i went to honda forum, Idk if thats the same as honda tech.

Yea...definitely went to the wrong site...lol...if I would of seen this earlier I would of look for you...I see them come up a lot of clubcivic...

Oh thanks.

Well it came in the mail fast, I'm bored and Im up so I'm writing this.

Now I gotta get someone to install the harness. Very clean and uncut, nice harness.

Back