Need help with my 1990 Mazda GT Touring Sedan

Hey Folks! I'm new to this group. Here's a photo of my 1990 GT Touring Sedan. I bought a new one in 1988 which I had to give up in 2012 so when I came upon this pristine 1990 GT I just had to get it. I bought it 4 months ago, I'm the 2nd owner. There's 165K miles on it and both the engine & turbo kick in like it just came off the assembly line. I still have the engine & turbo to my '88 so when this one gives up the ghost I'll be ready for its replacement with a rebuilt engine & new turbo.

Here are some issues with my 1990 I need help with:

My cruise control doesn't want to work any longer. It worked briefly in 4th gear but it won't turn on any longer. The switch works and the fuse is good but the system wont turn on. Any suggestions?

I need a new ABS control unit. Mazda no longer makes them. Anyone have any ideas where I can get one? The ABS light in the dash blinks twice when I start the car then it turns off, and the Mazda dealership said the brakes work fine without the ABS but I want to fix it properly.

The light bulb in my in dash heater control unit no longer illuminates, it's really frustrating at night. I tried to pull the unit out of the dash but it won't budge. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove it from the dash without damaging anything?

Does anyone know where I can get a new black radio cover that surrounds the middle part of the dash? Mine has an crease in it.

Lastly, how can I prevent water from accumulating in the well where the tire jack and the rear window water reservoir are located? I had this issue with my 1988, I have the same issue with my 1990.

Stan
1000009680.jpg
1000009679.jpg

Back