What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
Until SirNuke confirms Bazooka Joe's post " 02 w/12k or so"

I still stand @ 17k for a 2002...lowest 02 on the thread...(so far) (cabpatch)

If he does have a 02 w/12 k ..... (bowdown)

Last edited:
Crazy D said:
Until SirNuke confirms Bazooka Joe's post " 02 w/12k or so"

I still stand @ 17k for a 2002...lowest 02 on the thread...(so far) (cabpatch)

If he does have a 02 w/12 k ..... (bowdown)

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1><!-- message -->Hello all, I am still around, just not much, but I am still here. I have a long way to go in my recovery. It will take up to a year from the time of the accident till I will be as good as it gets. so I still have about 6 months to go. For now, I go to the gym at least 5 days a week and work out.

For those that have wondered about my car, its still as good as new. I only have 10.5 K miles on it now, IF I ever sell it, which is'nt in the foreseeable future, it will have to go to a very good home. Mayby I will keep it for my son, he still has 3 years go till he drives.

I will keep in touch.

Thank You for all the hopes and prayers, I have felt them all, and I am greatly touched.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
'02' Vivid Yellow P-5 / 5-Speed / MoonRoof / Rota Battles with Yokohama ES 100's 215/40/17 / Tinted Windows / Bosal Cat-Back / Injen CAI / B&M Short Throw Shifter/kartboy Bushings / Eibach Pro Kit and....oh yeah, and that BAD Ass flaming skull on the back quarter windows!

'02' Black Mica P-5 (wifes)
5-Speed / Tinted Windows / Polished Wheels

bazooka joe said:
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1><!-- message -->Hello all, I am still around, just not much, but I am still here. I have a long way to go in my recovery. It will take up to a year from the time of the accident till I will be as good as it gets. so I still have about 6 months to go. For now, I go to the gym at least 5 days a week and work out.

For those that have wondered about my car, its still as good as new. I only have 10.5 K miles on it now, IF I ever sell it, which is'nt in the foreseeable future, it will have to go to a very good home. Mayby I will keep it for my son, he still has 3 years go till he drives.

I will keep in touch.

Thank You for all the hopes and prayers, I have felt them all, and I am greatly touched.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
'02' Vivid Yellow P-5 / 5-Speed / MoonRoof / Rota Battles with Yokohama ES 100's 215/40/17 / Tinted Windows / Bosal Cat-Back / Injen CAI / B&M Short Throw Shifter/kartboy Bushings / Eibach Pro Kit and....oh yeah, and that BAD Ass flaming skull on the back quarter windows!

'02' Black Mica P-5 (wifes)
5-Speed / Tinted Windows / Polished Wheels

WOW.... D MAN !!!! (bowdown)

Sirnuke (first) 10.5k - 2002
Crazy D (second) 17.7k 2002

Joe just couldn't let me have my moment of glory !!! lol By the way I took a look at your little slide show since I have a silver P5 myself... and that is a sweet looking ride man...

Last edited:
Poll said to post up, so here it is..

150K miles.

I'll attach photos. Car is a 2002.5. Never has visited the dealer for any servicing. Regular oil changes, tires replaced when needed. I replaced the original brake pads 10,000 miles ago, and the original battery 5000 miles ago.

And that's it. Original EVERYTHING else, including the timing belt and clutch.

Todd

117,000 2002 P5.

Turbo Todd, kind of curious, why haven't you replaced the timimg belt? Little overdue.

a223818 said:
117,000 2002 P5.

Turbo Todd, kind of curious, why haven't you replaced the timimg belt? Little overdue.

No real reason. It's about 30K overdue from what I have read online. When I have a pile of money, and can do without the car for a day, and find a dealer that won't tear me a new orifice, I think I'll get it done.

TurboTodd said:
Poll said to post up, so here it is..

150K miles.

I'll attach photos. Car is a 2002.5. Never has visited the dealer for any servicing. Regular oil changes, tires replaced when needed. I replaced the original brake pads 10,000 miles ago, and the original battery 5000 miles ago.

And that's it. Original EVERYTHING else, including the timing belt and clutch.

Todd
Nice I am glad to hear you are still running strong. and just curious what is the difference in the half year model????

bumpin_p5 said:
Nice I am glad to hear you are still running strong. and just curious what is the difference in the half year model????
Oh, boy, where do I start? Check this thread. KanseiZM has some nice explanations, IIRC.

bumpin_p5 said:

Wheels, sidemarkers, shift knob, & cupholder design IIRC.

Todd

CorkSport said:
59K currently. The only thing to break was a strut bearing so far.
Plan on giving this to my daughter when she gets old enough and it will take me a few more years to complete. Mmm awd, turbo P5 grocery getter.

not fair!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes i think i live on the wrong coast

03.5 Protege5 purchased brand new in September 2003. I just passed 30k this past week. I'm at almost 30500 after driving over to tampa for mazdasummerpalooza 06'!

Mine's an '02 and I'm at 99888, and still goin'. By the way a timing belt at a dealer runs about $450 installed...ouch!

23k on my '03. Didnt really drive it at all last year because I was at school and it was not. Planning on putting some good miles driving it up to school in Ohio in a few weeks.

^^^

i have been the opposite. i put 40K on the first two years, 12K the third year, and 7k so far this year! have 5 more months......

2002 MP5, purchased in August of 2002. Just rolled past the 142,000 mile mark a few days ago and should hit 150,000 by the end of next month. I have rotated between stock 16" wheels on 205/45-16 rubber to a set of 18" on 215/35-18 for most of the cars life. It is lowered 2", and has an intake and the Mazdaspeed axle-back exhaust. I have to say that the exhaust has about 80,000 miles on it, and it sounds great. I have had no mechanical issues with the car, everything still works as when it was new, and I am still on the original clutch, and timing belt (a big no-no, I know), as well as all the other belts. Since the factory recommends replacement at 4 years or 105,000 miles, I thought I would go for the 4 years. I stay on top of all fluid changes (oil, brake, power steering, and manual tranny, etc), and it gets a bath at least once a week. It has been garaged nightly since it was purchased so the paint is good. I am hoping to get at least 250,000 miles without any major issues. Oh yeah, I hit a speedometer indicated 125mph on my way home from work last week. I have kept track of my gas mileage since day one, and I am averaging just under 32mpg for the first 142,000 miles. I have seen a high of 36mpg and a low of 25mpg. All in all I am very pleased with the car. For the price not much comes close in terms of handling, and fun to drive. Thanks,
Later.

Back