What the hell with MP3 playlists (folders)?

I hate that s*** too. I make CDs with one album per folder. I have my naming like this "Sublime - 02 - smoke two joints", but it doesnt sort within the folder. The folders are alpha but the mp3s in the folders arent :( Well, **** it at least all the mp3s are there.

JonKlsn said:
Uh, I use Roxio 6 and it lets me arrange them any way I want when its audio. When you make a mp3 cd, its burned as a data cd, so files are arranged alphabetically. You need to rename the files with numbers in front of the name.
Don't forget to use 2 digits :D

Does no one use Music match?

Last edited:
Are you sure you don't have shuffle mode on spoon? MP3 files are data files and I have never seen a MP3 player that doesn;t sort alpha by default.

Just remember the rules of alpha sort are also case sensitive. If you sort by name in a folder in Windows, that should be the order it will play on your player. I am certain of it, unless you have some wacky foreign MP3 deck that uses a different alphabet ;)

1Canuck2 said:
Are you sure you don't have shuffle mode on spoon? MP3 files are data files and I have never seen a MP3 player that doesn;t sort alpha by default.

Just remember the rules of alpha sort are also case sensitive. If you sort by name in a folder in Windows, that should be the order it will play on your player. I am certain of it, unless you have some wacky foreign MP3 deck that uses a different alphabet ;)

I'm positive. I think it's that my cd player only sorts to a certain amount of digits.

Back