What springs

mhrebin

:
03 pro
ive got the tokico suspension kit in my garage waiting to be installed. but questioning the drop height it is supposed to give. i might want a lower drop, more like the tein s techs or eibachs.

if anyone can give me insight as to which springs would work the best with the tokico hp's. that would be great.

also, pics are welcome. thanks

get adjustable coilovers! but you might not want to go with skunk2 b/c ive heard they give every protege noise problems...but id def go adjustable

3rdGenPro said:
yea im thinkin about gettin rid of my skunk2 coilovers cuz i cant get them to stop makin noises...but where did you find your front bumper..ive been wantin the bumper but i want to find one as cheap as possible! thanks

Well if your askin about my bumper...I have an extra one but its going to a friend fo mine, I wish I had more I would sell them to everyone lol. Make sure you get the MSP reinforcement when you do the swap. And I do get a few more clunks and noises from the rear with these springs butits really not all that bad.

jeg0024 said:
Well if your askin about my bumper...I have an extra one but its going to a friend fo mine, I wish I had more I would sell them to everyone lol. Make sure you get the MSP reinforcement when you do the swap. And I do get a few more clunks and noises from the rear with these springs butits really not all that bad.

if you dont mind me askin where did you come across it at? cuz ive looked jus about everywhere and they are all pretty much factory price...and my springs only make noise in the front when i turn but they ride good and stiff! especially with the tokicko illumna struts! but i appreciate it

3rdGenPro said:
if you dont mind me askin where did you come across it at? cuz ive looked jus about everywhere and they are all pretty much factory price...and my springs only make noise in the front when i turn but they ride good and stiff! especially with the tokicko illumna struts! but i appreciate it

Well I have no noise in the front at all, just a bit in the rear. I got the whole front bumper from the guy down in Miami that parted out his MSP, fogs and everything. I really wish I could help ya out but I have someone local waiting for the stuff.

Oh, and my bumper I paid $35 for. The insurance picked up the rest of the price because it was after an accident and I ask the body shop to order me that bumper instead, but I didnt know about the reinforcement being different so I had to take everything home and do it myself.

jeg0024 said:
Well I have no noise in the front at all, just a bit in the rear. I got the whole front bumper from the guy down in Miami that parted out his MSP, fogs and everything. I really wish I could help ya out but I have someone local waiting for the stuff.

Oh, and my bumper I paid $35 for. The insurance picked up the rest of the price because it was after an accident and I ask the body shop to order me that bumper instead, but I didnt know about the reinforcement being different so I had to take everything home and do it myself.

well if you dont mind let me know if the deal falls through with your buddy....dang that seemed to work out nice for you...maybe i need to go hit something! but my brother jus totaled his P5 yesterday! it sucks...and i would take the bumper but thats the part thats screwed! oh and what kinda suspension set up did you say you had?

Ill see how things work out with the bumper, its painted spicy! I just have goldlines, everything else is stock. I wish I woulda had the money for new struts but just the springs make so much of a difference:)

yea struts are def a good upgrade..especially if you get adjustable like the illumnas or the tein ss but its a good upgrade if your stock struts ever go bad..i happen to have the tokicko illumnas and i love them only if i could get rid of the popping noise from the skunk2 coilovers...and yea i appreciate it jus let me kno how the deal goes...thanks!

thats cool. I know with some of the coil overs the noise come from the strut and spring being fully expanded and then hitting back against the strut cap when it comes back down. Ive seen guys with ksport coil overs and when he jacked up his car the wheels barley moved at all, which would cause what I described above. With mine I still have to jack the car up quite a ways for the wheel to come off the ground and im not having that problem.

jeg0024 said:
thats cool. I know with some of the coil overs the noise come from the strut and spring being fully expanded and then hitting back against the strut cap when it comes back down. Ive seen guys with ksport coil overs and when he jacked up his car the wheels barley moved at all, which would cause what I described above. With mine I still have to jack the car up quite a ways for the wheel to come off the ground and im not having that problem.

thanks for the help and ive heard the noise can also come from the endlinks. so i donno im probably gonna check them out tomorrow...thanks tho

I don't think the endlinks will hit anything? I know in the rear I have about a 2cm clearance between the endlink and the sway bar but they all move together and shouldnt ever touch.

jeg0024 said:
I don't think the endlinks will hit anything? I know in the rear I have about a 2cm clearance between the endlink and the sway bar but they all move together and shouldnt ever touch.

well they said its the joints of them that creek squeek and pop...if the bushing if bad or something...im jus gonna look over it make EVERYTHING is in good condition. well do you think i could or should sell the illumina struts and the skunk2s and get the tein ss?? how much you think i could get out of em?

what could i do to get rid of the noise crap tho cuz thats the only thing wrong..i jus get tired of explainin to everyone that rides in my car what the noise is..lol

i have the tein stech springs with the illuminas and the drop is good and the handling is great. the main downside is that over bumps at decent speeds my tires hit the insides of my fenders

tracknfield423 said:
i have the tein stech springs with the illuminas and the drop is good and the handling is great. the main downside is that over bumps at decent speeds my tires hit the insides of my fenders

yea thats the only reason i like the adjustable coilovers so you can make it not scrub...but other than that i would go with jus springs cuz its less stuff that can go wrong...like my skunk2 coilovers..oh and i like my illuminas too..they are nice!

Latest posts

Back