What size for 18s?

Night_Sky

:
VR 05 Mazda3 Hatch
I'm not very knowledgable on cars so bear with me. I want 18s on my 05 MZ3 hatch and want to know what are the dimensions I can put that will fit. Any ideas?

well for tire size, you should be good with 225/40/18 :)

Thanks for the info Akaveli. What about offset? What range am I looking for? I think the stock for 17s was 50 so am I looking for exactly that number or can it be in a range?

i have 42mm offset and i am lowered on an eibach prokit i wouldn't recomend going any lower then that and you have to stay at7.5" width as well. so 42-50mm offset 18x7.5 and the tire size 225/40/18 are where i would start you search you could run a smaller offset with a less wide tire but then your milleage will be off more. you could roll your fenders as well... its up to how much you want to do to make the wheel you want work.

Aren't the MS3 Tires 215/45/18's? Why would you need to go 225/40/18's?
I'm just asking, because I plan on putting 18"x8" Charcoal Tenzo DC-6 on my M3H with 215/45/18's?

correct 225/40/18 is a closer ratio to the stock size so speedo is off less... i think its less the 3%. 18x8 is going to be a pita with a reg 3 prob going ot have to roll the fenders... if you are ok with that then go for it

So everyone running 18 x 8's is having to roll their fenders?
I'm not really planning a drastic drop. I know the 3 & the Speed 3 are geared differently. But I figured you could run their set up & the half in wouldn't make that much of a difference as long as I didn't perform a drastic drop.

Back