What have you done to your P5 today?

domo_kun.jpg

Just got the front endlinks from a ford escape to swap out the oem p5 ones which I bet driver side one is bad and the reason I have a clunk noise . Also picked up some. Spark plugs. What gap do you guys run on a n/a p5?

Also which Ngk plug part number ?

BikingPro5 Inspired me to remove my side molding. It provides a much cleaner look. After removal and cleanup, I washed her and took some pics. One afternoon this week I will be wet-sanding and buffing some areas like the side molding location, headlights, and spoiler.

All you need to do is use 3M Adhesive Remover from Walmart. This s*** comes off in minutes. It's safe on the paint too. I've done it and will pick this method over any other method. (Wet sanding?)

Make this your lunch adventure, and you'll have time to eat, too.

Last edited:
Added new driver side front end link will drive it soon to see if that was my clunk noise . Changed spark plugs also ..

Tomorrow or Friday I'll change the driver side link so therms are both the same from the ford escape

Over the past month I've been doing some serious maintenance. I ran into a curb because I drive too fast. ANYWAY, the result is two new front struts and endlinks, a new front right lower control arm, a new mud guard in my wheel well, new window hardware for my driver's window, a new half axle, and a new set of wheels. I also messed around with my upper grille.

The old:
402052_10150557849990308_703365307_9390956_2142916515_n.jpg

My new grille (not even a grille anymore, really):
392484_10150773142520308_703365307_9868501_660449931_n.jpg

My new wheels (not nearly as colorful but classier imo):
389737_10150775295885308_703365307_9873617_293719221_n.jpg

Replaced my broken door lock actuator gear last night and made a How-To: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123815796-How-To-Replace-Broken-Door-Lock-Actuator

Awesome! I was going to do the same with an extra Actuator I have laying around. Great job on the How-to. Oh on a side note, if the buyer purchases the gears from the Ebay Seller, the small spring collars that are next to the center section may not be big enough to go over the new worm gear. My brother and I resolved this by getting a drill to include several drill bits and drilling the hole bigger in the collars little by little until it slid on the worm gear smoothly. Took some time but it was doable. We both performed this mod and could not be happier. I replaced all four and my brother just the rears.

so i did a nice claybar and detail the the Protegy and she looks sooo much younger!
i really need to pay more attention to keeping her clean.

and now im stuck on what to do next.
either rear wiper mod or 12mm spacers all around (should get me close to flush with MSP wheels but still able to turn without difficulties)
so what should i do?

Booked an alignment for this afternoon, we'll see just how bad of a job I did by setting the toe manually :p

I just hope they don't find any rear bushings that are worn too badly...

so i did a nice claybar and detail the the Protegy and she looks sooo much younger!
i really need to pay more attention to keeping her clean.

and now im stuck on what to do next.
either rear wiper mod or 12mm spacers all around (should get me close to flush with MSP wheels but still able to turn without difficulties)
so what should i do?

Spacers first. You will be happier with your new offset. The current wiper is fine until you make it better...later

Back